Leads the work team to ensure quality products are produced which meet the customer requirements. Ensures that standardized work is in place and followed.
Serves as a facilitator to the work team in areas of problem solving, issue resolution and continuous improvement and training. Ensures that a safe and organized work environment is maintained at all times. Accessible to the production floor 95% of the time.
Must be able to perform positions/tasks required to support the team. Accountable for results in area of responsibility.
1.Achieving daily attainment requirements.
2.Maintaining and updating training matrices.
3.Recording downtime, scrap, and determining team efficiency.
4.Understanding and administration of HR policies.
5.Coach and counsel employees through performance concerns.
6.Independently administer corrective action through written level.
7.Approve all vacation and appointment time requests.
8.Document and deliver employee performance appraisals as issued.
9.Determine allocation of overtime, submit requests for OT approval.
10. Assign employees to work cells/machines daily.
11. Ensures cross training is occurring in their area of responsibility.
12. Maintain 5S checklist and ensure 5S performance
13. Perform LPA's.
14. Maintain kanban cards, make replacements, and enforce their use.
15. Perform pre-shift meetings.
16. Complete their portion of incident/accident reports.
17. Understand your responsibility for the environmental, health & safety programs, including ISO14001. Understand the importance of conformance with all safety and environmental procedures of the environmental and safety management systems, including emergency response. Understand the EMS consequences, actual or potential, of their work activities and/or their behaviors from specified work instructions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1.Must have the ability and willingness to continue personal development activities/assignments.
2.Ability to use measuring and gauging devices with an understanding of SPC.
3.Must have demonstrated mechanical aptitude with the ability to perform minor machine adjustment and setup.
4.Capable of learning and performing all team jobs.
5.Must have basic computer skills
6.Must support safety policies and practices that apply to assigned areas.
7.Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact with people.
8.Demonstrated ability to lead and develop others to achieve daily goals.
9.Must be able to communicate effectively (written and verbal).
10. Must be self-motivated and have the ability to interpret data for corrective actions.
Skills and Competencies
1.Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred
2.3-5 years supervisory experience in high volume production, preferably assembly, is recommended.
Magna International Inc.