Manufacturing Quality Assurance Auditor
Glendale , AZ 85301
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
- Monday - Friday 2nd shift (2:30 PM - 10:30 PM) ( Base schedule ) with occasional overtime
Top Hard Skills:
- Product Auditing, basic measurements of small parts using hand tools and ability to write discrepancy reports.
- PPE required: Steel Toe Shoes, Safety glasses and ear plugs
The purpose of this position is:
- Perform quality dimensional and visual inspection and testing of precision machined components by using various measuring devices to ensure compliance with engineering specifications.
This position includes significant duties such as:
- Verify conformance of medium to high complexity products using various inspection instruments (micrometers, calipers, depth micrometers, optical comparators, thread gages, dial indicators, hardness testers, precision measuring devices and cylindrical plug gages).
- Conduct quality audits of manufacturing process & product to ensure compliance with product drawings and specifications.
- Read and interpret production travelers and engineering specifications to ensure product conformance at each manufacturing product sequence.
- Document part characteristics and measurements on inspection history cards during first article inspections and other inspection sequences.
- Record data from inspection history cards on inspection files and maintain accurate and legible inspection records.
- Determine quality (Pass/Fail) of manufactured parts based on dimensional and visual inspection.
- Verify production process and create product discrepant material reports in the quality database.
- Utilize computer programs to search for part processes and procedures.
- Instruct and/or assist less skilled inspectors with some measuring instruments, process and procedures.
- Maintain safety and quality standards by using acceptable housekeeping practices on equipment and work area.
- The above description covers the most significant duties performed but does not exclude other occasional work assignments not mentioned.
- Occasional average effort in lifting containers.
- Good working conditions
- . Some exposure to elements of oil and noise, none disagreeable.
- High School or General Education Diploma
- 1-3 years of precision machining and measurement experience
This is a contract position.
- Location: USA - AZ - Glendale
- Duration of contract: 7 Months
- Education/Experience: High School or General Education Diploma