New York , NY 10001
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Magic Spoon is a trailblazing cereal brand based in New York that reimagines breakfast into a healthy and whimsical choice. Since our launch in the Spring of 2019, we have become one of the fastest-growing DTC food brands, raising over $6.5M to continue taking over the cereal industry.
Our investors include some of the biggest names in millennial-friendly, direct-to-consumer startups. Backers include Allbirds co-founder Joey Zwillinger, Harrys co-founder Jeff Raider, Warby Parker co-founders Dave Gilboa and Neil Blumenthal.
Low-carb nostalgia: Magic Spoon, the childlike cereal for adults, is selling out - Fast Company, June 2019
Magic Spoon gets $5.5M in seed funds to reinvent the cereal category - FoodDive, Sept 2019
Breakfast Startup Magic Spoon Raises $5.5M to Reimagine Cereal for Adults - Observer, Sept 2019
We are looking for an experienced Manufacturing Manager to organize and oversee the manufacturing of goods. You will be ultimately responsible for the smooth running of all contract manufacturers and the quality of output. We expect you to have deep know-how in production procedures and food safety/quality controls. You will be the main relationship manager for each of our manufacturers, ensuring production happens on time, product matches our specs, all inventory is accounted for, etc. The role will oversee receipt of demand forecasts, production planning and master production scheduling, material requirements planning, production sequencing and tracking as well as purchasing activities underway at manufacturing facilities. The role will ensure that the production facilities run efficiently, materials arrive on time and product is available at the right time and right location ready to ship to satisfy customer demand.
- Develop QA/QC standards, oversee implementation, and monitor ongoing performance to standards
- Maintain oversight of all inventory usage and storage
- Track key manufacturing KPIs such as % waste and hourly throughputs
- Manage the creation, maintenance and tracking transport orders among facilities, work orders released to manufacturing and purchase orders released to suppliers.
- Implement inventory policies and strategies in line with business growth strategies.
- Manage external manufacturing capacity & communicate risk & opportunities within the S&OP process.
- Conduct cGMP and on-the-job training of department personnel.
- Draft new procedures and/or changes to SOP's to keep current or improve cGMP status.
- Supervise agreement on Master Formulas, Specifications, Documentation Receipt and Availability, review of Master Manufacturing and Batch Production Records and Testing Method Agreements with Contract Manufacturers.
- Ensure that contract manufacturer and private label documents (paper and electronic) are properly classified, controlled, and stored.
- Drive a culture of exception management by proactively identifying major issues and opportunities around scheduling, materials planning and supply chain data and transactions.
- Drive culture of analysis and taking ownership of identified issues in procurement, scheduling, materials planning, quality, warehousing and physical flow of materials and finished goods at the co-manufacturing sites to drive quantifiable solutions and positive business results.
- Work proactively and collaboratively with procurement, quality, logistics and finance to resolve any identified issues.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience directly in contract manufacturing environment or managed co-manufacturing partners in Food and Beverage industry.
- High Knowledge of GMP's
- Deep knowledge of production management
- Understanding of quality standards and health & safety regulations
- Proficient in MS Office and ERP software
- Excellent knowledge of production planning and quality control principles
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation
- Unlimited cereal
- Health, Vision, Dental