Manufacturing Execution System (Mes) Engineer (Korean Speaking Required)
Holland , MI 49423
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Position: Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Engineer(Holland, MI)Team : Chem ITFull-time position as a Manufacturing Systems (MES) Engineer. Under the general supervision of the IT Director/Manager, provides technical assistance in the use of administrative computing systems including MS/Oracle SQL, Windows Server Systems, IT infrastructures, as well as various reports to multi-cultural groups in multi-language (Korean). The engineer works will need to apply a high degree of expertise and knowledge of manufacturing systems while also providing technical assistance as described.Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:- Assist in writing reports to various groups in multi-language (English/Korean), writing supporting documentation through SQL queries/ system provided reports.
- Assist project teams in providing systems analysis and coordination in support of major system implementation.
- Provide clear and professional verbal, written, and electronic communications amongst IT members, IT systems vendors, multi-cultural groups, and the end-user community. This includes preparing routine status reports, procedural guides, technical advice, and recommendations.
- Meet and exceed end-user service requirements for maximum performance, stability, and reliability by daily monitoring and tuning existing Enterprise systems.
- Provide recommendations for hardware (IT/Manufacturing) and software as requested. This will be achieved by gathering end-user requirements, analyzing existing systems, researching vendor specifications, and then reporting and presenting to IT team members as appropriate for further review.
- Provide training & technical supports to end users on use of new/existing global systems.
- Work collaboratively with Automation (PLC Control Engineers) for troubleshooting/improvements between manufacturing related systems and related equipment.
- Identify and troubleshoot in a timely manner when system issues occur through DB access/In-house Interface programs related/connected with manufacturing equipment
- Perform other related duties as required.JOB REQUIREMENTSMinimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or business-related field and minimum of 5 years of computer related job experience.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including ability to work cooperatively and effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of motivation, initiative and responsibility.
- Ability to work independently in a high-paced, high-pressured environment.
- Knowledge and experience of manufacturing process.
- Knowledge of core manufacturing enterprise system (ERP, WMS, etc.)
- Programming language experience in Visual Studio, esp. C#
- Knowledge of OPC Server or its related programs (Takebishi, KEP Ware, Aspen Tech, etc.)
- Basic Knowledge of TCP/IP ProtocolPreferred Qualifications
- Experience working in higher education environment.
- Experience working in global scale organization.
- Knowledge of project management techniques and experience working with diverse groups in a project team setting.
- Ability of Korean reading and writing.
- Database Administration (MS SQL/Oracle)