Shin-Etsu Silicones Of America
Freeport , TX 77541
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Job Summary: The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for all aspects of facility engineering.
Duties & Responsibilities: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Remain up-to-date and familiar with operations of all facility processes and equipment and assist facility personnel with operational and maintenance issues.
- Investigate plant needs, problems, and opportunities for improvement. Develop economics and Authorization for Expenditures (AFE) for facility capital projects.
- Responsible for project management. This includes: performing engineering, working with plant personnel, supervising contractors, updating management on the status of all projects from start to completion, tracking project costs to ensure projects scopes and budgets are met, etc.
- Lead Pre Start-up Safety Review (PSSR) team and assist in the commissioning of the equipment.
- Work with vendors, create data sheets, and procure equipment.
- Assist Operations with Procedures.
- Create and conduct Management of Change (MOC) and Notification of Change (NOC) when necessary.
- Conduct meetings regarding Plant Project Status, individual MOCs and projects, and others as needed.
- Help obtain any necessary permits as required for all projects regarding regulatory compliance.
- Monitor record keeping for assigned responsibilities such as P&IDs, MOCs and safety and environmental compliance.
- Assist in plant shutdown planning to ensure all necessary work and projects are executed in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ensure work needed in the plant is addressed in a prompt and systematic manner consistent with plant operations needs to maintain responsible and efficient production.
- Participate in the establishment of training programs for non-exempt and exempt personnel utilizing audio-video equipment techniques, graphics, classroom, field instructions and written materials.
- Perform audits of the plant facility to identify personnel hazards and establish compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Ensure all plant events are thoroughly investigated for root cause and corrective actions are taken, informs plant supervision of such accidents or incidents.
- Meet regularly with Shin-Etsu and contract employees to seek ways to resolve problems and improve working relationships.
- Review requisitions, time sheets, invoices, and budget for accuracy and control of employees and contractors involved in a project.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in an engineering role in a plant setting required.
- Experience in a chemical plant strongly preferred.
- Prior experience with managing projects required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong technical abilities in engineering concepts, project management and oversight, aligning engineering with the operations needs.
- Working knowledge of chemical and mechanical processes.
- Good process optimization and analytical trouble shooting skills.
- Good problem solving skills to determine root cause failure.
- Working knowledge of fluid dynamics and piping systems.
- Computer literate working with Microsoft Office, Visio, trending programs, and other plant software.
- Good background in plant economics including participation in the development of OPEX and CAPEX budgets.
- Ability to supervise multiple projects (planning, organizing, oversight).
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take direction and carry out instructions from manager in an orderly and efficient manner.
- Ability to function as a team member while also being able to lead others that are not direct subordinates on projects.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize critical tasks.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and adapt to changing priorities.
- Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated. Must be able to manage your time in an efficient and effective manner.
- This position operates primarily in a professional office environment and occasionally in an outside chemical plant environment.
- The office role routinely uses standard office equipment and programs.
- The plant role requires utilization of proper PPE and is exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
- Exposure to constant or intermittent sounds of varying pitch levels is typical.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Performs twisting, bending, stooping, kneeling, reaching motions.
- Walks through all areas of facility and climbs multiple levels of stairs and ladders.
- Wears required PPE.
- Traditional benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) with a generous company match, 10-paid holidays, vacation and personal time off, competitive pay.
- Additional benefits include: Job stability and security, excellent growth opportunities, a safe and clean work environment, a great reputation in the industry as a leading silicone manufacturer, an exceptional culture.
For additional benefits information, please visit the Careers page of our website at shinetsua.com