Intercontinental Engineering-Manufacturing Corp.
Riverside , MO 64150
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Intercontinental Engineering Manufacturing Corporation is a heavy machinery manufacturer looking for a Manufacturing Engineer interested in working with large weldments and machined parts (40,000 lbs. +). Intercon fabricates, machines, paints, and assembles products for the commercial marine, defense and mining industries.
This position regularly interacts with suppliers, customers, manufacturing, quality, and other peers in the engineering department. Interpersonal skills are the key to success as this position regularly leads groups of peers from production to complete jobs on time. Persons in this role must have a solid analytical approach to decision making and problem solving, and above all, be consistent in performance and decision making.
- Develop PFMEA and process controls including error-proofing administrative and engineering controls
- Develop/modify/review CNC programming for horizontal boring mills, burn table and other applicable manufacturing equipment
- Manage engineering and process change control
- Machine characterization and optimization
- Assist peers with root cause analysis and corrective action investigations
- Lead efforts to reduce scrap, rework, repair, and warranty costs
- Create mechanical drawings in support of new and existing products
- Create, train, and drive standard work methodologies for all shop floor processes
- Technical support of processes and products for the Value Stream
- To specify equipment and tooling to enable quality product to be efficiently achieved/improved
- To identify and recommend the purchase of capital equipment
- Provide shop floor layouts and implementation programs for major factory movements
- Collaborate closely with appropriate internal & external customers/suppliers
- Identify spare requirements, monitor spares backlog, and provide quotations
Ideal candidates would have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field with experience in a Manufacturing function
- Experience with APQP tools
- Experience with AutoDesk Inventor
- Ability to read and interpret complex drawings
- Thorough understanding of GD&T
- Experience with programming CNC controls using G code
- Experience in machining, part setup, cutting tools and materials
- Familiarity with weldments and fit-up processes
- Familiarity with oxy-fuel and plasma cutting processes
- Proficient using Microsoft Office products
- Works well with little supervision
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Supplemental insurance
- 401K with employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
This is a full-time position. Relocation assistance is possible for a candidate with the right qualifications.
Compensation will be based on qualifications.
Intercontinental Engineering Manufacturing Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.