Parsippany , NJ
Posted 6 days ago
OPEN Health brings together deep scientific knowledge, global understanding, and broad specialist expertise to support our clients in improving health outcomes and patient wellbeing.
We are united as one flexible organization, harnessing the power of the collective to solve complex challenges. Being built from cohesive partnerships across a range of specialist sectors gives us the ability to approach opportunities from fresh perspectives, creating solutions and innovations for market access and medical communications that are informed by the experience and knowledge of the many.
Our global team of experts many with PhD and PharmD degrees work strategically alongside our client partners in Medical Affairs, Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR), Market Access, and Commercial teams across a wide range of therapy areas.
OPEN Health: Established as many. United as one.
You will love this role if you:
- Have an exceptionally keen eye for detail
- Are passionate about science and the English language
- Are looking for a dynamic role involving interaction with a range of teams and internal clients
- Enjoy working with a community of industry-leading editors dedicated to excellence
- Care about making a difference in the lives of patients
As part of the Editorial team, youll be responsible for the following activities:
- Demonstrating extraordinary attention to detail and apply this across a variety of content formats
- Possessing a strong command of the English language which you utilize to add quality to all client deliverables
- Managing a range of internal client expectations, demonstrating multitasking skills and the ability to prioritize effectively
- Being passionate about editorial best practice and lead by example to upskill the wider team
Our Managing Editors are assigned to one or more therapeutic account teams and handle all editorial duties, including medical editing, copy editing, proofreading, fact-checking, PowerPoint slide editing, EndNote bibliography generation, and creating and maintaining account style guides.
Managing Editors manage the daily editorial workload of assigned accounts (publication plans encompassing journal articles, abstracts, posters, supplements, slides, etc.) They also:
- Manage timelines for workload across several accounts and prioritize work as necessary to meet multiple objectives
- Liaise with internal team members, medical writers, and medical team members to ensure editorial integrity and adherence to GPP
- Prepare editorial templates and client-specific style guides for assigned teams
- Update EndNote databases as needed in support of Information Services
What youll bring:
- Aptitude for the English language and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- The ability to perform all duties on-line, as OPEN Health is a paperless company
- >2 years of experience in an editorial position in a medical communications company
- Proven project management, time management, organization, and prioritization skills
- Ability to manage multiple and sometimes competing challenges, issues, and priorities with the ability to troubleshoot and set clear expectations
- Enthusiastic, team player, self-motivated attitude and demeanor
- Proficiency in Office programs including MS Word and PowerPoint. EndNote experience is a plus!
What we offer:
As a global organization, OPEN Health is committed to supporting our employees and their families through a comprehensive benefits program
- Competitive pay, generous paid vacation and holidays, and health insurance programs across all our locations
- Ongoing training and development opportunities which foster and shape your individual career path
- An active and growing commitment to bettering the communities our employees call home through our Corporate Social Responsibility program
- The opportunity to thrive in a global, collaborative environment while working every day to improve health outcomes and patient wellbeing
- Diverse, Inclusive culture that encourages you to bring your whole self to work
If we sound like the sort of business environment in which you would thrive, then we would love to hear from you.