Manager/Sr. Manager - Sr. Cloud Architect
Washington , DC 20001
Posted 2 months ago
Founded in 2015 and rapidly expanding, Fresh Gravity (www.freshgravity.com) is a business and technology consulting company at the cutting-edge of digital transformation. We drive digital success for our clients by helping them adopt transformative technologies that make them nimble, adaptive and responsive to their rapidly-changing business needs. Our unparalleled digital transformation expertise combines business strategy prowess with digital technologies know-how. Our expertise includes Data Management, Artificial Intelligence, Data Science & Analytics, and API Management & Integration.
In a short time, we have crafted an exceptional team who have delivered impactful projects for some of the largest corporations in the world. We are on a mission to solve the most complex business problems for our clients using the most exciting new technologies. And we are looking for top talent to join us in our quest.
Fresh Gravitys team members are authorities in their field, but know how to have fun, too. Were building an inspiring, open organization youll take pride in. We challenge ourselves to grow every day. We create value for our clients and partners every day. We promise rich opportunities for you to succeed, to shine, to exceed even your own expectations.
We are thoughtful. We are engaged. We are relentless. We are Fresh Gravity.
We are looking for a savvy Sr. Cloud Architect (MS Azure preferred) to join our growing team of data engineering experts. The hire will be responsible for spearheading and leading architecture designs of big data-based data management platforms and analytics solutions. The ideal candidate has a solid understanding of cloud computing and technology systems, has experience creating cloud strategies, identifying and design fit-for-purpose cloud architectures and has hands-on ground-to-cloud migration experience. The candidate must be effective at influencing senior IT stakeholders and must be self-directed and comfortable driving visions to reality.
- BS, MS in Computer Engineering or Computer Science, or other closely related field with 10+ years of work or research experience in software development
- Ability to collaborate with client representatives to determine business needs
- Ability to translate business needs into conceptual and technical architectures
- Explain the benefits and drawbacks of implementing with the use of different design patterns (e.g., microservices based vs product oriented)
- Experience designing, integrating and establishing cloud platforms (MS Azure, AWS and GCP) that involve a variety of native cloud services
- Experience with big data technologies (e.g., Spark, Kafka, etc.)
- Experience with relational SQL (e.g. SQL Server) and NoSQL databases (e.g., Postgres, Cassandra, MongoDB etc.)
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azure Data Factory, SnapLogic, StreamSets, Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with Azure cloud services: Blob, Synapse, Azure Data Lakes and/or AWS / GCP equivalent
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Familiarity with cloud security and identity management services
- Familiarity with modern analytical techniques and platforms
- Design end-to-end big data platforms ensuring the optimum use of various technology stacks for ingestion, staging, transformation, processing and visualization
- Define and lead strategy discussions
- Understand and translate business needs and data characteristics into optimal conceptual and technical architectures
- Identify, design, and implement process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Design the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and big data technologies.
- Able to discuss different solution architecture with clients to identify pros and cons weighing benefits against client requirements and organizational needs
- Review and understand analytics use cases to incorporate into design decision
- Collaborate with small team to present architectures, compare platforms, and provide cost assessment using Azure Calculator
Required soft skills:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Independent problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn new skills / technologies quickly and independently
- Ability to work in teams and achieving assigned tasks before deadlines
- Ability to be a good team player and should be flexible to travel
- Executive presence and leadership qualities
- Will consider contract, contract-to-hire
Location is flexible. Fresh Gravity has offices in Santa Clara, CA; Washington, DC; Raleigh, NC and Dallas, TX
In addition to a competitive package, we promise rich opportunities for you to succeed, to shine, to exceed even your own expectations. In keeping with Fresh Gravitys challenger ethos, we have developed the 5Dimensions (5D)benefits program. This program recognizes the multiple dimensions within each of us and seek to provide opportunities for deep development across these dimensions. Enrich Myself; Enhance My Client; Build my Company, Nurture My Family; and Better Humanity.