POSITION SUMMARY: The Floating Business Office Manager must be familiar with company policies and procedures related to Revenue Cycle Management (RCM), billing and accounts receivable, census processing, payroll, accounts payable, and Resident Trust.
The Floating Business Office Manager oversees all business office functions and is responsible for ensuring policy and procedure compliance in all related areas. He/She interfaces with the Administrator, Quality Assurance Manager (QAM), Region Medicaid Specialist (REMS), Central Billing Office (CBO) staff, Assistant Office Manager, Bookkeeper, Receptionist, center department heads , and where applicable, the Care Line, as well as provides verbal and written reports to the Administrator and Corporate. He/she interfaces with families, attorneys and outside agencies regularly on financial issues. The Floating Business Office Manager will be required to travel 4-5 days per week to assigned centers within region, fill in for vacant positions and assist centers with collections and other assigned projects.
The Floating Business Office Manager will be expected to perform all or some of the following responsibilities:
1.Ensures systems and controls are in place as outlined in policy and procedure manuals. Meets established daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines;
2.Directs processing of accounts receivable, adjustments/refunds, private and third party agencies, census information, ancillaries, cash deposits, and posting as applicable;
3.Manages resident trust funds in accordance with segregation of duties, maintains confidential files and ensures compliance with all state and federal regulations;
4.Meets with, or ensures that another staff member meets with, all residents/responsible party upon admission, throughout the stay and upon discharge to explain financial obligations and paperwork;
5.Audits new admission files to ensure completeness and accuracy;
6.Tracks/Monitors Private Spend Downs and oversees/assists with Medicaid Pending Tracking;
7.Manages all month end processes, which include completion of data entry, review and correction of edits, census reconciliation and applicable billing preparation/billing;
8.Manages accounts receivable collections for past due resident accounts in collaboration with the CBO as appropriate; facilitates timely filing of Medicare, Medicaid, and insurance claims;
9.Reviews past due resident accounts with the Administrator, prepares for and attends weekly and monthly Revenue Cycle Management Review meetings, documents collection activities;
10. Recommends and/or prepares accounts for outside collection agencies, attorneys, and write off as applicable;
11. Coordinates documentation for internal and external auditors. Assists Administrator and accounting dept. with resolving G/L variances;
12. Supervises, organizes, evaluates, and monitors business office operations and staff, including Assistant Business Office Manager, Bookkeeper and receptionists, as applicable, as well as delegates administrative authority, responsibility and accountability to other office personnel as necessary;
13. Concerns his/herself with the safety of all center residents in order to minimize the potential for fire and accidents. Also, ensures that the Center adheres to the legal, safety, health, fire and sanitation codes by being familiar with his/her role in carrying out the Center's fire, safety, and disaster plans and by being familiar with current MSDS;
14. Puts customer service first: Ensures that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs and rights;
15. Shows respect and appreciation to others;
16. Supports a positive and professional image through activities that emulate the organization's mission statement and encourages a spirit of cooperation and teamwork with co-workers;
17. Exhibits honesty and integrity in all aspects of the job;
18. Plans and organizes work effectively and ensures its completion;
19. Adheres to established HIPAA confidentiality standards of patient/resident and client location information.
20. Supports Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QAPI) efforts to improve outcomes that affect customer experience and RCM performance;
21. Performs other duties as requested by the Administrator, Quality Assurance Manager or Quality Assurance Director in support of RCM.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: 1. High school degree with a minimum of five years' experience, long term care billing and collection experience preferred.2.
Additional coursework in accounting/finance is recommended.3. This position requires that the employee is able to read, write, speak and understand the spoken English language to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our patients and visitors at the work site when responding to their medical and physical needs.4. Must provide verification of TST (tuberculin skin test) as required by state law and in accordance with Company policy. TSTs will be administered at the work site if required
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 285845
Center Name: Genesis HealthCare
Genesis Healthcare LLC