Manager, Quality Assurance
Niagara Falls , NY 14301
Posted 2 months ago
Manager, Quality Assurance
DEPARTMENT: Sales & Marketing
REPORTS TO: Managing Director
POSITION: Manager, Quality Assurance
Niacet is a leading producer of organic salts, including propionates and acetates, serving the Food, Pharmaceutical and Technical industries. With two longstanding and fully automated manufacturing sites, located in Niagara Falls, NY USA, and Tiel, The Netherlands, Niacet offers world-class quality products to a global market.
Our products fill vital needs in a broad range of applications that are essential to everyday life including food preservation, antibiotic formulation, dialysis treatment, energy production, and more.
Manager, Quality Assurance Position:
Niagara Falls chemical manufacturer is looking for experienced Quality Assurance Manager.
General Job duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Activities including managing Quality, Food/Feed safety, customer technical services, ISO 9001/2018 champion. Manages laboratory functions to maximize operating efficiency, productivity, accuracy, and orderly documentation. Promotes continuous improvement throughout these processes.
2. Responsible for process support including analytical development and troubleshooting. Provides analytical and technical support to production units, evaluating process techniques and procedural alternatives as needed.
3. Ensuring company compliance with applicable operating regulations and permits.
4. Maintaining adequate and regular communications with employees.
5. Providing supervisory direction of assigned personnel, including salary administration and performance appraisal.
6. Professional development of personal skills and of direct reports.
- Responsible for Quality assurance activities including process support and customer technical services.
- Manage laboratory functions to maximize operating efficiency, productivity, accuracy and orderly documentation.
- Responsible for process support including analytical development and troubleshooting.
- Provide analytical and technical support to production units. Evaluate process techniques and procedural alternatives as needed.
- Maintain plant Quality Assurance monitoring programs to ensure that correct chemical and physical test procedures are performed accurately and on schedule.
- Niagara technical support contact for customer surveys, audits, questionnaires, advice on use, application, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining laboratory equipment including balances, spectrophotometers, pH meters, Chromatographs FID, LC, PHID instruments, FTIR, Total Organic Carbon analyzer. AHCL analytical equipment including FTIR, Wasson GC, Tiger Optics Cavity ring Spec, ICP.
- Responsible for selection and purchase of laboratory equipment, reagents and supplies.
- Review and approve laboratory reports, effluent data reports, Certificates of Analysis.
- Maintain all quality assurance records including; Product Specifications, Test Schedule and Results Tabulations, Customer Specifications, Special Requirements, Raw Material Specifications and Certificate of Analysis, Material Safety Data Sheets, Off Spec Production, Customer Complaints, Product Quality Records, SPC/SQC Records and Correspondence, Safety, Environmental Testing Logs and Records, Quality Assurance Correspondence
- Direct development and maintenance of Niacets ISO 9000-2008, FSSC 22000, GMP+ Certified Quality programs in accordance with recognized quality standards, ISO, GMP, and USP, etc.
- Direct the development of analytical procedures and techniques for raw materials, process intermediates and finished products. Develop analytical programs for new products, and processes as required.
- Provide engineering and technical information to production engineers and management.
- Review process performance to optimize raw material use to maximize variable cost efficiency.
- Responsible for review of effluent trends to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Investigate alternative processes and manufacturing techniques.
- Evaluate potential alternative products through research and lab studies.
- Manage lab and pilot scale testing equipment design and product development.
- Develop in process and finished product test procedures to minimize downtime and reduce off spec production. Provide analysis and other technical support to production units to resolve unit operating problems/difficulties as needed.
- Manage Quality Assurance test lab including 3 Chemists and 1 Lab Technician.
- Manage R&D analytical efforts along with Stan Sojka.
- Continue to support the Tiel facility alignment through matching best practices.
- Education: B.S. Degree Science or
Quality assurance principles, Chemistry process knowledge, Product application knowledge, Regulatory knowledge
- Experience Needed: Quality / Regulatory management 10 years prior experience
- Problem Solving: Provide analytical and other technical support to production units to resolve operating problems/difficulties as needed. Innovative resolution of problems with high degree of customer satisfaction
- Active Listening Attentive listening, understanding others points, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Writing- Communicating effectively as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Speaking- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions.
We offer competitive compensation and one of the best benefit packages in the industry.