Manager Of Technology Governance, Risk And Compliance - US
Austin , TX 78701
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Schoox is a uniquely agile learning and talent development platform. We help businesses of all sizes shift from traditional, compliance-based training to an approach that unlocks and accelerates employee potential as well as business growth.
Our platform moves beyond the basics of learning management so companies can identify the difficult-to-measure impact of their learning and development programs on their overall business performance.
The primary responsibility of this role is to manage Schooxs Compliance department initiatives by leading and managing Governance, Risk, and Compliance efforts within the organization. The Manager of IT Governance, Risk and Compliance will report directly to the VP of Security and Compliance.Primary Responsibilities:
- Lead IT related regulatory compliance initiatives such as SOC2 and other contractual obligated audit programs in a global and diverse environment
- Partner with Schooxs SOC2 external audit firm to understand, design, and implement appropriate IT controls and manage the technology control framework
- Partner with Legal, Sales and Support organizations to ensure compliance to technology related contractual obligations
- Regularly review Schooxs computing environment to identify opportunities to improve the control environment and guide the implementation of IT General Controls where risks are identified
- Lead and conduct Internal Audit reviews and programs to ensure internal controls are designed and operating effectively
- Develop risk registers and standardized reporting dashboards for communicating risk significance to Schoox personnel and leadership
- Provide leadership in continuous improvements to departmental good practices
- Educate and guide project teams on the inclusion of appropriate IT General Controls into the scope of projects
- Be a thought leader and driver in addressing control opportunities for improvement and mitigation of risk
- 4+ years of Internal Audit and/or Compliance experience in the field of Technology and Security (Big 4 or equivalent a plus)
- Strong experience in IT Security and Governance including cloud technologies
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment across multiple tasks
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels across the company
- Experience leading and managing technology initiatives
- Proven ability to coach and grow personnel
- Attention to detail with superior organizational skills and passion for driving change
- CISA certification preferred
- MBA, or PMP certification a plus
We work in a team environment with open communication and do our best to make it as welcoming and awesome a place to work as possible.
On top of an exciting and intellectually challenging workplace, we offer a competitive salary, including:
- Full-time Remote Position
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Insurance including Vision and Dental
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Holiday and Paid Time Off
- Being part of an ambitious company that is already shaping its industry.
- Pleasing and Flexible Startup environment
Schoox is an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, colour, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.