Manager Of Data Center Operations (Overnight Shift) - Santa Clara, CA
Santa Clara , CA 95054
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
As a leader in CoreSites Operations team, the Manager- Data Center Operations is responsible for all operational aspects and uptime of the data center. The manager is responsible for providing Field level technical expertise and program management for the maintenance and operation of the electrical, mechanical, fire life safety, security, and communications infrastructure as well as any applicable base building support systems. All Data Center Operations staff reports through the Manager- Data Center Operations.
Please note that this opening is specifically for our overnight shift which requires the ability to regularly work from 11pm to 7am PST.
- Expert understanding of the electrical and mechanical systems used in a data center environment, including, but not limited to the following: electrical distribution and layout, Transformers, PLCs, Generators, Switchgear, UPS systems, STS, ATS PDUs, Chilled Water Systems, CRAC/CRAHs, Pre-Action Sprinkler Systems
- Expert knowledge of fiber optics / cabling infrastructure and industry best practices.
- Expert knowledge in industrial safety best practices (i.e. lockout/tag out, arc flash protection, OSHA and state regulations)
- Expert knowledge and experienced with data trending / tracking and analysis and ability to rapidly learn and use PC based, integrated critical monitoring systems
- Expert knowledge of OSHA, NFPA, and NEC.
- Expert knowledge of energy efficiency best practices.
- Strong background in Electrical, Mechanical, Protection, and controls systems commissioning.
- Expert knowledge in physical security and security systems.
- Proven knowledge of tenant contracts.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience installing, maintaining, and/or troubleshooting large commercial and industrial systems.
- Experienced people manager across multiple disciplines.
- Expert vendor management skills including service contract management.
- Experienced project management skills, including budgeting, time tracking, schedule creation, scope development, contract management
- Excellent skills in facility budgeting and forecasting.
- Experienced vendor and contact manager.
- Experienced in the design, construction, and commissioning of critical systems and buildings.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent time in rate.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in the operation, design, troubleshooting, and maintenance of critical infrastructure facilities with Data Centers and Hospitals being preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in administering and managing facility preventative maintenance programs and budgets.
- 3-5 years of experience in technical procedure and policy writing.
- 3-5 years of experience in people management.
- 13 years of project management experience.
- 1-3 years of experience in commissioning of electrical and mechanical infrastructure.
Physical Demands and Special Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand 1/3 2/3 of the time
- Ability to walk 1/3 2/3 of the time
- Ability to sit 1/3 2/3 of the time
- Ability to climb and balance 1/3 2/3 of the time
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl 1/3 2/3 of the time
- Ability to reach with hands & arms 1/3 2/3 of the time
- Ability to smell, talk & hear
- Ability to use hands to type, handle & feel
- Ability to reach with hands and arms
- Ability to see at close and distance ranges and the ability to see color
- Must be comfortable working in a high stress, fast paced environment with shifting priorities
- Must be willing to work outside normal business hours, including weekends, late nights, holidays, and on-call support
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds 1/3 of the time
Not only does CoreSite have a fun, team-focused work environment, but we also offer great benefits!
- Medical and Vision coverage through Cigna Heath Care
- Dental Insurance through Delta Dental
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a Company Contribution
- Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-term Disability Insurance fully paid by the company
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Plans
- Free parking or a company contribution toward a public transit pass
- 16 days of Personal Time Off (PTO)
- 10 paid Holidays
- Wellness Program with annual incentive
Applicant Privacy Notice: CoreSite is committed to protecting the privacy and security of personal information submitted by applicants. The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires us to provide you information about our personal information handling practices. As a result, were providing this Privacy Notice that describes how we collect, use, share, and update personal information from individuals who wish to be considered for employment with CoreSite. To read the Applicant Privacy Notice, please go to https://www.coresite.com/applicant-privacy-notice.