Manager Of Career Counseling
New York , NY 10001
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
An international law firm with offices in New York is seeking a full-time Manager of Career Counseling to join their team. The Manager of Career Counseling provides career development and advancement counseling to all attorneys, maintains relationships with companies alumni and clients, and develops career development resources.
- Providing individual career development and advancement counseling, coaching and planning to all Firm attorneys. Assisting attorneys with Firm integration, navigation of Firm procedures and resources, and short- and long-term career planning.
- Assisting all attorneys with individual career development and advancement plans, including the path to promotion, development of personal career goals, and support for transitions.
- Providing assistance with career advancement opportunities internally and outside the Firm, as requested by attorneys.
- Tracking and evaluating career counseling program and develop measurements of success.
- Establishing, tracking and maintaining relationships with Firm alumni, including overseeing the creation of an alumni database and other alumni initiatives.
- Developing relationships with Firm partners and counsel to facilitate career development, secondments and placement initiatives with clients and Firm contacts.
- Monitoring associate trends and share with Talent Department to enhance associate life as well as professional development initiatives.
- Writing, editing and compiling resources and newsletters to assist with career development and counseling, including a regular career counseling program update for Firm committees.
- Maintaining the career development resources page on the Firms intranet.
- Managing annual career development meetings process.
- J.D. or other advanced degree related to career coaching or counseling required.
- Counseling experience required; experience counseling lawyers or law students on career development and advancement opportunities preferred.
- Management experience preferred.
- Strong proficiency in database programs, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Database management skills helpful.
- Ability to interact smoothly with high-level professionals necessary; public speaking skills preferred.
- Familiarity with career opportunities for lawyers within legal and non-legal environments, including federal and state governments, in-house corporate legal departments, non-profit/public interest organizations and large and small law firms, strongly preferred.