Manager Of After Hrs Program, RN
Covina , CA 91722
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Manager, Inpatient Case Management Afterhours is responsible, along with other members of Medical Management Team, for contributing to the clinical, quality, financial and patient satisfaction outcomes of Regal Medical Group.
1.Identifies and develops inpatient case management policies and procedures
2.Assists in overseeing compliance and consistency of the program that meets RMG and regulatory standards.
3.Develops and implements training plans for new and existing staff.
4.Acts as a resource for clinical staff for case review and discharge planning.
5.Develops, monitors, and analyzes reports and identifies trends to develop programs and processes that improve program outcomes.
6.Participates in developing and coordinating strategies across the continuum of care for ensuring the delivery of care in the most cost effective setting.
Works with the Medical Director's on a daily basis to review inpatient hospitalizations with inpatient staff for level of care and discharge planning, including review of face sheets and
- assuming a nurse leadership role with rounds. Will assist with cases in need of complex discharge planning.
2.Maintains on call schedule.
3.Motivates and leads the Inpatient Case Management staff.
4.Develops annual department goals and objectives focused on improving patient outcomes and department efficiency.
5.Acts as a role model for staff appropriate case manager and customer service behaviors.
6.Works collaboratively with the entire Medical Management team to ensure compliance with regulatory and health plan requirements.
7.Participates in "on call" process as needed for training and monitoring of nurses.
8.Required Administrative Call as scheduled. As the Administrator on-call provides oversight and leadership for the on-call staff.
9.Develop working relationships with hospital case management departments to facilitate timely reviews.
- Oversees "triage" of patients to the appropriate level of care and facility and acts as a resource to other concurrent review nurses in the transfer process.
- Works closely with other departments (claims, finance, high risk, TOC) as needed.
- Anticipate our customer needs: Understand the wants and needs of customers, listen for cues and identify how to respond and what level of intervention they need.
- Survey the customer's environment and take appropriate action.
- Refrains from discussing personal business in front of the customer or speak a foreign language different from the customer's language.
- Greets patients, family members, visitors, physicians in a positive manner by introducing self, speaking clearly and with confidence.
- Returns phone calls to customers and follows up with requests.
- Keeps patient/family member or other customer informed and requests if further assistance is needed.
- Assists others and supports the team.
- Demonstrates the ability to follow through with requests, sharing of critical information, and getting back to individuals in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity in everyday activities.
- Protects privacy for both patients and employees; ensures information sensitive papers, charts, and reports are not in view of the public.
- Recognizes when an error has been made and immediately reports to appropriate manager.
- Participates in "service recovery" through follow-up with an upset customer, gathering information, and demonstrates empathy.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic, and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families. Functions as liaison between administration, patients, physicians, and other healthcare providers.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family/providers and involve patient/family/providers as appropriate.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to management, co-workers, and physicians.
- Communicates using age appropriate language.
- Understands and applies principles of adult learning methods as they relate to health care educational needs.
29 Consults other departments as appropriate to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient's needs.
30 Maintains quality monitors as determined by the Utilization Management and Quality Management Committees and RMG Management.
- Responsible for orientation, instruction/training of new personnel.
- Pursues additional education (in-services, seminars, self study, formal education programs) to advance nursing skills and knowledge.
- Documents appropriately pertinent information completely, in the in the auth system according to nursing standards and policies.
- Participates in the efficient, effective, and responsible use of resources such as supplies and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.