Manager, Marketing & Communications
San Diego Regional EDC
San Diego , CA 92101
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
General Function The Marketing Manager will implement and own the San Diego: Life. Changing. Campaign and provide input on EDC/San Diego’s digital marketing strategy. This position will primarily be responsible for earned, owned, and potentially paid channels. The position will also provide mentorship and oversight to junior staff members of the marketing team, and have the autonomy to lead EDC programs & initiatives. This position reports to the Director, Marketing & Communications. Specific duties and responsibilities Program & Project Management
- San Diego: Life. Changing. Campaign Oversight: Develop & manage programs for San Diego: Life. Changing. campaign that will aid in EDC’s efforts to attract & retain talent in San Diego; The initiative is heavily marketing focused, with an expectation this person will manage a website, pitch decks, search strategies, social media, and other brand initiatives; support the Brand Alliance (committee responsible for SD: Life. Changing. campaign) and fundraising efforts.
- Industry & Marcomm Program Leadership: Collaborate with economic development managers to market specific programs and industries (as assigned); craft and execute on marketing plans and programs that support EDC’s services, programs, and initiatives.
- Other projects as assigned.
Marketing / Communications
- Strategic Storytelling & Brand Management: Maintain & reinforce compelling brand narrative, strategy, and guidelines; lead creative storytelling initiatives through digital media, video, etc. to elevate the brand.
- Email Marketing & Digital Communications: Craft & guide content for newsletter leveraging mailchimp; develop & grow readership.
- Content Creation & SEO: Manage content calendar and craft blog posts and other content pieces; Maintain and optimize website; lead SEO to drive website traffic.
- Media Relations: Secure placements for programs & initiatives in local & national media; draft press content and maintain relationships with key members of the media.
- Social Media: Provide oversight on social media strategy; work with team to develop content & special series, provide graphic templates, and grow audience.
- Assist with the management of content, contacts, research, and other databases.
- Contribute to marketing/communications reports with metrics and progress.
- Assist Marketing & Communications Director as needed.
- University degree.
- Minimum of three years of agency, business, or project management experience.
- Experience managing large, multi-person projects. Ability to communicate at all levels of an organization and with external partners and vendors.
- Knowledge of San Diego/California economy and related industry sectors. Knowledge of economics, trade and other key issues impacting the regional economy is also helpful.
- Exceptional writer with immaculate attention to grammar and detail. Strong presentation & editing skills.
- Experience managing corporate social media accounts and leveraging platforms including Buffer and Sprout Social.
- Experience with email marketing platforms (e.g., Mailchimp) and automations.
- Knowledge of and prior experience in graphic design programs and U/X. Ability to work in and design basic templates in Adobe Creative Suite & Canva is extremely helpful.
- Understanding of digital marketing strategies including email marketing targeting, media planning CRM/CMS tools, SEO and content creation.
- Familiar with AP style.
- Familiar with basic syntax and markup such as HTML.
- Self-directed and motivated team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks under pressure.
- An inquiring mind with a strong desire to learn.
- Integrity drives work and interactions with others.
- Creative solution-finder who can get things done with limited resources.