Manager, Financial Accounting & Advisory Services
Centri Business Consulting, LLC
New York , NY 10001
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Accounting Manager is a technical expert with deep exposure to accounting issues and SEC reporting requirements, you will research technical accounting matters including complex issues in accounting for business combinations, consolidations, share-based compensation and financial instruments. The Manager has direct, client-facing engagement responsibilities. Serving as a current and future leader of the firm, the Accounting Manager demonstrates the attributes of excellent client service and assists team members in developing technical and professional competency.
Accounting Manager's Specific
- Preparing and reviewing financial statements and technical accounting positions papers as well as other required pre-audit support materials.
- Reviewing, documenting, evaluating and testing controls in a wide range of environments.
- Communicating control strengths and weaknesses to the clients and developing effective solutions.
- Ensure timely completion of assigned engagement phases.
- Develop and maintain effective client relationships.
- Apply understanding of Centri policies.
- Develop understanding of engagement requirements and clients business.
- Bachelors degree in relevant discipline (e.g. Accounting, Finance or Business Related Field) required.
- 6-12 years in public accounting or public/private combination.
- Experience with public companies.
- CPA is required.
- Interpersonal skills to interact in team environment and foster client relationships.
- Above average written communication skills including documentation of findings and recommendations.
- Must be able to maintain professional demeanor in times of high stress.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit.
- Passion and drive to get better every day.
- Understanding of current accounting and auditing principals. (GAAP, IFRS, GAAS, etc)
- Understanding of internal control concepts including the COSO framework.
- Knowledge of auditing processes and methodologies.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Act provisions and methodologies for achieving compliance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications
- Advancement Opportunities (we promote on talent, not tenure!)
- Leadership and Learning & Development Opportunities
- Internal CPE training and seminars
- Flex Work Life Balance
- Great Benefits and Vacation Package