• Responsible for implementing and evaluating safety efforts that effectively communicate and support company policies in a consistent manner with a key focus on incident prevention and loss abatement.
• Conduct on-site risk assessments and job hazard analysis to identify potential hazards to our employees, clients, the public and environment.
• Design and implement controls to mitigate identified risks.
• Enforce policy, provide coaching, get expectations and provide resources to the operating team to sustain successful operations.
• Conduct accident investigations, identify root causes and recommend corrective/preventive actions.
• Maintain compliance with all OSHA Recordkeeping requirements, including but limited to, OSHA 300 logs, training records and others compliance programs requirements specified in 29 CFR 1910 and 1926, where applicable.
• Facilitate implementation of safe work techniques, effective safety methods and processes, evaluating performance management, training and regulatory compliance.
• Lead regularly scheduled safety audits, risk assessments, inspections, training and meetings to determine the effectiveness of safety and accident prevention activities.
• Drive the evolution of the organization’s safety culture by ensuring that all business strategies and safety initiatives align with the organizations vision, mission and goals.
• Maintain knowledge of safety, health and environmental regulations at all levels of government, including federal, state and local and possess the ability to evaluate, document and report on compliance with policies, procedures, rules and regulations to ensure operational compliance.
• Ability to effectively support a large multi-site workforce.
• Working knowledge of federal and state regulations pertaining to Health, Safety, and Environmental regulations.
• Ability to compile technical data and prepare technical and analytical reports.
• Ability to develop and conduct effective health, safety and environmental training programs and meetings.
• Skilled in project management, problem-solving techniques and communicating ideas and instructions clearly.
• Skilled in directing activities and operations of others, including activities involving hazardous situations.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications
• Bachelor's degree in a related field is required.
• Chemical experience is preferred.
• Must have a minimum of five years safety experience.
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft, PowerPoint, Word, Excel.
• Expert Knowledge of OSHA CFR 1910 and CFR 1926 regulations.
• Bi-lingual English / Spanish is preferred.
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
ABM Industries Inc.