Manager, Digital Content
American Association Of Colleges For Teacher Education (Aacte)
Washington , DC 20001
Posted 5 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Manager, Digital Content is responsible for AACTEs online and digital presence, which includes maintaining the AACTE website, designing and distributing electronic communications to members and key partners, and creating digital content. This position will manage AACTEs digital communication platforms, including email marketing tools and social media, and collaborate with staff to produce content that is fresh, current, engaging and presented in a user-friendly manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, update, and maintain content for AACTEs website that is in alignment with AACTEs set brand standards. This position will serve as the main point of contact for internal requests and troubleshooting of issues reported by AACTE staff.
- Collaborate with AACTE team members to enhance and/or develop online content, as well as coordinate editorial calendars to ensure timely digital and website updates. This position will be responsible for updating and posting content across all AACTE digital platforms, as well as provide quality control for content being posted.
- Manage production of AACTEs blog, Ed Prep Matters, by implementing an editorial calendar and gathering and posting relevant and timely news content on a weekly basis.
- Work in conjunction with the Director, Marketing & Communications and/or external partners and contractors, to track and analyze metrics to evaluate overall digital performance and maximize efficiency.
- Oversee production of monthly AACTE newsletters, such as State Directions and Holmes Report, including but not limited to coordinating submissions, conducting interviews, writing original pieces, and editing.
- Coordinate with external partners and vendors, as well as AACTE staff, to drive editorial processes, fix online issues, and improve design and functionality of the AACTE website to ensure a better user experience.
- Assist with internal graphic design requests, including formatting documents, presentations, web and social media graphics, and other materials.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Communications, Web Design, Journalism, or related field preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in web development, digital communications, web content writing/editing, or related field, required
- Proven experience in implementing best practices in digital communications, combined with strong oral and written communication skills (to include excellent editing and grammar proficiency)
- Proven knowledge and experience with web content management systems
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.), WordPress, video editing, and Google Analytics, preferred but not required
In addition to a competitive salary, AACTE offers a comprehensive benefits package to include group healthcare, retirement, supplemented commuter benefits, FSA, and more!