Managed IT Support Engineer
Madison , GA 30650
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
BobDickson.com, LLC dba bdManagedIT is a 20+ year old Managed IT Services firm based in Madison Georgia . Our customer base is willing to pay for premium and responsive services. As a result,we now have more work than we can adequately handle. We need a bright IT Support Engineer to join our team. Responsibilities include Support, Maintenance and Project Implementation (see below)
Support Responsibilities include:
- Provide support via phone, web, email, chat and other channels as required.
- Take ownership of customer issues reported and see problems through to resolution
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve customer issues
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Ensure proper recording and closure of all issues using web based ticketing system
- Document knowledge in the form of knowledge base tech notes and articles
Maintenance Responsibilities include:
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
- Monitor and Manage Customer's automated backups, both local and in the cloud.
- Monitor and Manage Device security for both PC's and Servers
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
Implementation Responsibilities include:
- Provision, deliver, install and configure Servers, Workstations, Laptop and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.)
- Migrate servers to new Hardware and OS including virtualization
- Migrate data, software and configs from old environments to new
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Configure and implement managed Backup and DR strategies
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
Position is 75% in the office via remote support tools and 25% on-site at customer location. Partial telecommute after 90 days is possible.
- 3-5 years experience with IT Support and or Network Administration
- A valid drivers License and dependable transportation
- A trustworthy person with high integrity and strong moral character
- Any experience with Connectwise Manage, Connectwise Automate, CylancePROTECT or Arconis
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to work after hours at times
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication ability.
- Willingness to work in a issue tracking ticketing system and get things properly billed
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- College degree and IT Certifications are always a plus but not required
- Successful applicant will need to pass a background test and drug screen.
As a small company, bdManagedIT employees get the wear a lot of hats. Our environment is fast paced and challenging but leaves you feeling needed, important and with a great sense of accomplishment. Because this industry is changing so rapidly, we guarantee you will be learning something new nearly every day.
Our office is located in the heart of quaint, historic Madison, GA where you can stroll to the square or town park on your lunch break. We offer a patient, encouraging environment with plenty of on-the-job training to sharpen your skills yet open to include your ideas. Our small staff genuinely enjoys working together.
We offer both hourly or salary positions. Salary positions include paid vacation/sick, paid holidays and company matching Simple IRA retirement plan. A full-time person in this position should expect to make between $30,000-60,000 per year based on experience. We also reimburse $0.535 per mile round trip from our office if you use your personal vehicle.
If you think you have what it takes, bdManagedIT wants to hear from you.