Buffalo Grove , IL 60089
Posted 1 month ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do…
- Respond to machine alarms as they occur, identify the root cause, correct as needed
- Troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems and components and return to serviceability.
- Repair and maintain electrical controls on molding, assembly and packaging machines
- Repair robot end tools, mechanical systems, and controls, calibrate and adjust robot pick and place points if needed
- Identify risk areas likely to cause equipment break-downs, participate in projects for the purpose of improving equipment reliability, process improvement, lean manufacturing
- Upload programs in the event of program loss or CPU replacement
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance actions on all subsystems and related components.
- Perform preventative maintenance of robotic and process support equipment.
- Analyzes engineering test results and implements changes to resolve problems.
- Assist automation team in the qualification process of automated systems.
- Assists engineers in developing and designing hardware and software required for all automation solutions per specifications.
- Assists with customer presentations and interfaces with customers.
- Assists engineers with outside third-party automation developments.
- Records procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in product or method.
- Maintain continuous system operation by adjusting, repairing, replacing, or modifying automation/robotic system components.
- Maintains software, documentation and equipment to the latest revision or operational specifications.
- Trains other technicians and operators on products, processes and equipment.
- Organizes documentation (specifications, schematics, and procedures).*
Here is some of what you’ll need (required)…
- Associates degree, military training, or equivalent vocational training required.
- Strong foundation mechanical and electrical experience.
- Strong understanding of automated manufacturing principles and techniques.
- Strong awareness of safety.
- Previous experience maintaining and repairing variable speed motors required.
- Previous experience maintaining and repairing high-speed robotics and production experience required.
- Ability to wire control panels.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics, mechanical diagrams including complex automated system drawings.
- Ability to monitor the process and show an awareness of issues and demonstrate corrective actions to address those issues.
- Well versed in the use of precision measuring devices and inspection tools
- Proper usage of power tools and measuring equipment.*
Here are a few of our preferred experiences…
- Experience maintaining equipment within a clean room environment is strongly desired.
- Experience with a high-volume manufacturing of medical device, pharmaceutical, food, beverage, or electronics application
- Previous experience with automated injection molding equipment
- Previous experience in an FDA-regulated facility
- Prior experience maintaining vision systems strongly desired.
- Prior experience maintaining Nordson glue systems strongly desired.
- Prior experience maintaining Fanuc Robots strongly desired.*