Hawkins Personnel Group
San Antonio , TX 78205
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Hawkins Personnel Group is currently hiring a Maintenance Technician. This Technician will have to work a 12 hour night shift (6:30pm-7am). Training is on the day shift (6:30am -7pm) for approximately 1-2 months. Technician will be responsible for electrical and mechanical equipment preventive, predictive and breakdown maintenance tasks and repairs of plant machinery/mechanisms,manufacturing and/or facilities related equipment. Assembles, installs, tests and maintains electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand, power, and precision measuring tools. Applies knowledge of routine work area procedures, completes standardized activities. Resolves task related problems in straightforward situations.
Essential Functions and
Other duties as assigned.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Repairs and installs electrical systems and components less than 500 volts.
- Inspects, adjusts, programs, and repairs machinery/mechanisms/controlsand equipment according as to PM assigned. May be responsible for mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical work on equipment, infrared heaters, and gas fired burners.
- Documents equipment historical data for purpose of reliability analysis and planning necessary for upgrades.
- Documents modifications, repair, set-ups, maintenance, PM and safety procedures to insure reliability, quality control and improve overall operation of equipment.
- Reviews, interprets and applies logical and safe decisions using schematics and drawings to determine proper isolation of equipment for maintenance purposes.
- Troubleshoots complex electrical systems and panels and facilitates repairs down to the lowest replaceable unit.
- Provides handover to the oncoming electrician providing a seamless transition of work during tour changes and works with the management team and Maintenance Manager when necessary to get the job done.
- Moves, relocates, and installs plant machinery, manufacturing and/or facilities related equipment.
- Assembles equipment and special machines from designs and sketches. Installs and may design guards or other safety equipment to eliminate identified safety hazards.
- Assists in the rebuild of plant machinery components, manufacturing and/or facilities related equipment.
- Actively participates and contributes to machine, and process and layout improvements.
- Recommends and may be involved in minor systems modifications under the direction of management and engineering.
- Insures the working area, tools and equipment are maintained in a clean, organized and safe manner.
- Recommends spare parts for inventory to provide equipment reliability.
- Required to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job.
- Performs rigging activities, safety-related functions and other job related electrical functions.
- Works from cat walks, scaffolds, roofs, ladders.
- Uses fork truck, high lift and similar equipment is a responsible manner.
- Ability to design, program, troubleshoot PLC systems and HMI.
- Follows lockout/tag out procedures.
- Works safely, follows the organizations safety rules and regulations, and assists supervisors and managers in maintaining a safe and healthy work environment.
- Stores inventory and materials in neat and labeled areas consistent with 5S principles.
- Supports and participates in high performing teams.
- Participates in safety activities such as support for Suggestion Boards, Grass Root team projects, 5S projects, department ergonomic improvements.
- Works safely, follows safety rules and regulations, and assists supervisors and managers in maintaining a safe and healthy work environment.
- Stands, climbs, walks, bends, stoops, crouches, reaches, and pulls.
- Lifts and moves up to 40 pounds.
- Regularly exposed to humid conditions, airborne particles, and various chemicals.
Education and/or Experience
- Associate’s degree in an electrical repair and maintenance field plus one year electrical experience required. Candidates with four or more year’s journey level electrical experience may be considered in lieu of degree if they possess a High School Diploma or equivalency (GED).
- Experience/certification in A-B PLC logic and program changes preferred.
- Forklift license within two weeks of hire required.