Charlesgate Realty Group
Boston , MA 02116
Posted 4 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Responsible for day to day maintenance, repair and upkeep services in a portfolio of residential apartment and condominium buildings throughout the Boston area under the direction of the Property Managers. You will work on multiple properties and may receive 6-10 separate service requests one day, possibly with little notice, or be tasked with larger ongoing projects in other days. You must have a well rounded maintenance skill set since there will a variety of maintenance needs to tend to. Outside contractor supervision, including communication and coordination, is required as needed. Work is to be performed in a high quality manner with a sense of urgency. Clients and property must be treated with the utmost respect and hospitality. A valid drivers license and well running vehicle/truck are required for the job.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible for the completion of all maintenance service requests as assigned.
- Complete turnover inspection and repair process of vacant apartments as directed by the Property Manager.
- Schedule and complete regular preventative maintenance
- Coordinate special projects as directed by the Property Manager.
- Coordinate access and assist in monitoring all work being performed by outside contractors and vendors.
- Responsible for 24-hour emergency maintenance service as scheduled.
- Monitor and maintain building systems as assigned.
- Complete grounds work as directed by Property Manager which may include picking up trash, sweeping curb and dumpster areas and maintaining landscaping beds and other areas.
- Responsible for alerting the Property Manager of any unusual occurrence and/or damage that have taken place or that may occur.
- Must be able to enthusiastically and creatively solve maintenance and repair issues as they arise.
- Maintain a professional courteous manner with all clients, residents, vendors, contractors, and fellow employees.
- Assure safety standards are used which comply with all company, local, city, state and federal guidelines.
- This job requires exerting 50+ pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly
- Plumbing: includes the repair, replacement or installation of faucets, pipes, hot water tanks, toilets, garbage disposals, dishwashers, water-dispensing refrigerators, and washing machines.
- Electrical: includes the repair, replacement or installation of power switches, fuses, wall sockets, ceiling lights, ceiling fans, climate control systems, and garage doors openers.
- Drywall repair: includes filling in small holes caused by nails and minor dings from normal wear and tearmost commonly performed between the time a tenant vacates a unit and a new renter assumes occupancy.
- Painting: includes minor touch-ups following damage repair and new coats of paint applied to unit walls between the time a tenant vacates a unit and a new renter assumes occupancy.
- Appliance repair: includes the repair, replacement or installation of major household appliances, such as refrigerators, dishwashers, range ovens, washers and dryers, hot water tanks, and air conditioners.
- Groundskeeping: includes mowing grass, pulling weeds, trimming and pruning trees and shrubs, watering lawns and plants, replacing light bulbs along pathways and parking areas, sweeping or raking leaves, and tidying up bark or other ground covering.
- Snow removal: includes shoveling, blowing or plowing snow away from covered walkways and driveways, and laying down rock salt atop icy surfaces to prevent slipping.
Charlesgate Property Management is the management arm of Charlesgate Realty Group. We are a full service, proactive management firm that emphasizes hospitality and service to clients and properties under our management. We have a tight knit team of experienced professional managers, bookkeepers, and maintenance technicians driven to exceed expectations by increasing the value of properties we manage through proactive, responsible management. We are a growing management firm with a terrific team environment and an exciting and fun company culture.