Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Beneficial Talent Source
Dayton , OH 45417
Posted 5 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Direct Hire Opening
Perform routine troubleshooting and preventative maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly and operate efficiently. Perform electrical, mechanical and hydraulics repairs. Install equipment. Tear down, clean and rebuild equipment on a daily basis.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install or replace machinery, equipment, and new or replacement parts and instruments, using hand or power tools.
- Initiate and complete work orders using the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Observe mechanical devices and equipment in operation and troubleshoots accordingly.
- Disassemble broken or defective equipment to facilitate repair and reassemble equipment when repairs are complete.
- Repair broken or defective parts/equipment, which may include grinding and welding.
- Tear down, clean and rebuild equipment on a daily basis to ensure compliance with general safety and food safety requirements.
- Transfer tools, parts, equipment supplies to and from and other areas, including transfers from other facilities.
- Assist in monitoring all work performed by outside contractors.
- Communicate with Maintenance Supervisor, production department Plant Management, as needed.
- Follow all applicable rules and procedures, including Lock Out/Tag Out (LOTO), Confined Space Entry, Arc Flash, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs), and other related programs.
- Follow safety rules and procedures, including Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Possesses the skills needed to repair, maintain and troubleshoot machinery.
- Able to use critical thinking and problem-solving to identify solutions or approaches to problems.
- Knows machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair maintenance.
- Possesses of frequency drives, motor starters, overloads, programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and other electrical circuits.
- Able to work at heights and in dangerous places within close proximity to heavy machinery.
- Able to work safely with hazardous chemicals and wear personal protective equipment as required.
- Lift/Carry less than 50 lbs
- Handle objects/Manual dexterity
Education: High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
Experience: 2 years of experience in industrial, electrical or mechanical experience.
Certification or Licensure: None required.
Most work is performed in an indoor, manufacturing facility with close proximity to heavy and hazardous machinery. Some work is performed outside of the manufacturing facility, including access. Safety wear is required, including hard hat, hairnet, hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toe boots, coats and other necessary equipment.