Elizabeth , NJ 07201
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The maintenance technician is responsible for performing highly diversified duties: install, troubleshoot, repair, maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, troubleshoot Case Erector, Carton Sealer, EQ cold seal, Conveyors, and conveyor’s belt. The ideal candidate must have strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to perform in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and deadlines
- Troubleshoot Case Erector Carton Sealer, EQ cold seal, Conveyors, conveyors belt
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Re-configures, installs, machines when needed
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment, and facility.
- Perform maintenance of electrical systems (replace light bulbs and sockets, clean and repair circuit breaker panels etc.)
- Communicate with operators and Management.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Assist in budget preparation and ensure it is followed
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Strong Problem-solving skills.
- Strong Troubleshooting skills
- Basic Mechanical skills.
- Basic Electrical skills
- Basic Computer skills
- Basic Mechanical and Electrical testing skills
- Basic understanding of Thermal Print Engine
- Basic understanding of Print Applicator
- Basic understanding of Conveyor
- Basic understanding of Sick Scanner
- Basic understanding of Laser Printer*
Skills & Experience:
- High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
- 2+ years of manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC experience and HVAC a plus.
- Preferred an AA degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance
- 1 - 2 year Automation and mechanical experience
- 1 - 2 year Experience performing industrial control system startups
- 1 - 2 year Installation, start-up, and troubleshooting experience
- Resolve issues with minimal downtime and recommend corrective actions to ensure the failure does not occur again
- Regularly required to: stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and crouch during an eight-hour shift.
- Required to reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to use hand and eye coordination.
- Regularly lift and move objects up to 50 pounds consistently with heavier weight necessary at times.
- Will be exposed to temperature changes and noise
Monday – 9:00 AM to Close
Tuesday – 1:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Wednesday – 1:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Thursday – 1:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Friday – 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
During the holiday/peak seasons, employees should expect to pick-up Sundays and OT hours.