Maintenance Technician - 3Rd Shift
Norwood , MA 02062
Posted 4 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Who we are: Founded in Boston in 1933, M.S. Walker is a 5th-generation, family-owned wine and spirits importer and distributor, a spirits bottler, and a national supplier. We serve On-Premise and Off-Premise establishments throughout the Northeast, with direct operations in Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey and Rhode Island and brokerage operations in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont. We represent a budding portfolio of wine and spirits nationwide, including our own brands, and we strive to offer the most prestigious portfolio in the industry. M.S. Walker has built our foundation and future on our people our employees are truly our greatest asset. Our company boasts a diverse pool of exceptionally special team members who each bring their unique skills and experience to the organization.
What we are looking for: M.S. Walker has an immediate opening for a 3rd Shift Maintenance Mechanic (Monday - Thursday 8 pm to 6 am). Responsibilities include troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining automatic conveyor systems and other various support machinery.
- Operate and troubleshoot the conveyance system from computer workstation
- Responsible for troubleshooting PLC issue with third party support
- To work and communicate with fellow workers and management in an effective, positive manner to assure the completion of all assigned tasks.
- Position will be responsible for examining, troubleshooting and repairing equipment and providing preventative maintenance on a materials handling conveyor system.
- Must have knowledge in the following fields:
- Pneumatics, hydraulics, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, welding, machine shop equipment, power tools
- Know and understand the conveyance systems: Electric, Pneumatics, Hydraulics and Schematics.
- Ability repair and maintain motors, gearboxes, photo eyes, chains, sprockets, shafts, belts/lacing and rollers.
- Trained in Lock Out/Tag Out procedures.
- To follow all company safety procedures and to never put yourself or fellow workers at risk through unsafe work practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who you are: The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities in order to be successful in this role:
- Minimum of 3-8 years experience in manufacturing and/or distribution setting supporting machinery while maintaining zero downtime environment
- Experience maintaining conveyor system, Hytrol conveyor experience a plus
- Experience using fork trucks and scissor lifts.
- Experience with Maintain accurate maintenance and operational records through a CMMS
- Strong electrical troubleshooting background
- Strong communication and decision-making skills
- Physical Requirements include but are not limited to: the ability to work at heights; long periods of sitting standing, bending and heavy lifting.
- Ability to lift up to 45 pounds repeatedly for long durations of time
- Attention to detail a must
Functions necessary to complete the above listed requirements of job description:
Lift/Carry 0-55 lbs: Occasionally
Reach Overhead: Occasionally
Use of Computer: Occasionally
Verbal Communication: Continuously
Occasionally = 0-2 Hours Daily
Frequently = 3-5 Hours Daily
Continuously = 6-10 Hours Daily
We offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401k program
- Flexible spending options
- Disability & Life Insurance packages
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Career advancement opportunities
- Wellness programs and discount fitness memberships
- Employee Assistance Program