The facilities equipment maintenance supervisor manages and assists in the completion of the day-to-day activities involving the maintenance of the building/facility, equipment and machinery, including HVAC, building lighting systems, CNC machines, plate product production lines, ovens, grounds keeping, security and overall facility appearance. The position supervises and coordinates the work of employees who repair and maintain building/facility, equipment and machinery. The postion directs and oversees all functions of the organization associated with facility engineering, including evaluates bids, proposals, reviews qualifications of contractors and assesses the needs for new systems and equipment. The maintenance supervisor maintains the facility and production equipment preventative maintenance
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1.Enforces sound safety and housekeeping practices.
2.Prepares work schedules, assigns work and oversees the work product while minimizing overtime and call-in hours. Determines stadding needs.
3.Coaches, counsels and manages performance of direct reports, and continually improves the performance and competency of all team members from an individual and team perspective.
4.Develops and maintains a preventative maintenance schedule program for applicable equipment and machinery; taking appropriate corrective action and reporting status as required.
5.Arranges for and manages appropriate third-party contractor support as needed. Develops quotation requests for equipment, services, and supplies as required.
6.Prepares budgets and secures estimates and cost quotes as needed.
7.Generates specifications for various facility and equipment projects.
8.Originates funding approval documents for various facility renovation/modification projects; writing capital appropriation requests as required.
9.Tracks capital expenditures (both material and labor) for all CAR projects.
10. Creates and maintains facility drawings.
11. Analyzes the potential impact of new technology on plant business processes and determines whether they would benefit the operation; makes recommendations to immediate supervisor and senior staff.
12. Provides support to production operations by identifying constraints related to equipment or facilities and providing appropriate alternatives.
13. Ensures all work performed by direct employees and contractors meets all regulatory agency requirements (e.g. OSHA, EPA, TOSHA, etc.).
14. Complies with all environmental safe practices and regulations. Reads all MSDS' and possesses thorough knowledge of all oil and chemical labeling and storage requirements. Conducts or assigns the responsibility for performing the EH&S self-inspection, 6S audit and safety huddles.
15. Complies with and supports the PCC Code of Conduct.
16. Serves as an active member of the Safety Committee.
17. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
High School diploma and trade school diploma
Bachelor's degree, engineering degree preferred
Effective written and verbal communication skills
Decision making skills
Intermediate use of MS Office (Excel,Word, Outlook)
Demonstrated technical skills
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
Precision Castparts Corporation