Perform troubleshooting, repairs, and preventive maintenance activities necessary for the Quarry mobile equipment fleet to operate efficiently. 2.Become familiar with the Quarry work order system. 3.Proficiency in using hand and power tools, cranes/hoists, rigging equipment, fall restraint, etc. 4.Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with all USG and MSHA safety requirements and regulations. 5.Work as part of a team, communicating and cooperating to achieve the required results. 1.Must be capable of working in a Quarry setting in a safe manner and follow all safety rules and practices 2.Must have the desired technical skills to work as a maintenance mechanic 3.Maintain a high standard for housekeeping within the work area 4.Follow instructions on printed work orders to complete assigned tasks 5.Basic computer skills preferred to complete safety training and review work-related email 6.Familiar with common hand tools and how to properly use them 7.Good communication skills needed to work with coworkers and customers 8.Demonstrates the ability to cooperate with co-workers in areas of safety, quality, and understands importance of completing assigned tasks and their relationship to other requirements. Recognize unsafe conditions or hazards within work area 9.Experience repairing and servicing engines required, with diesel aptitude preferred. 10.Meet the essential physical requirements of the position. Negotiate uneven terrain, ramps, steps and ladders. 11.Maintain regular and predictable attendance. 12.Responsible for maintaining a set of personal tools as specified in the operator rate program.
VIEW JOBS3/15/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-06-13T00:00Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Are you a Maintenance Mechanic who is self-motivated, and committed to safety? Then we have the job for you! Georgia-Pacific is seeking a safety-oriented individual to join our team as a Maintenance Mechanic in Sweetwater, TX. This position creates value by ensuring machine reliability and uptime and identifying opportunities to maximize output without compromising quality or safety. This position is a vital resource for our ongoing success and productivity.
* Sign-on Bonus $3,000*
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
* Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures and actively participating in the safety program
* Troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining mobile equipment and industrial machinery
* Installing and aligning new equipment
* Performing periodic preventative maintenance activities, including lubricating, changing fluids and filters on mobile equipment for improved reliability and uptime
* Maintaining accurate maintenance logs including labor hours and critical preventative maintenance findings
* Working with the operations and maintenance teams to identify and prioritize maintenance needs
* Interacting with outside vendors to maintain and repair mobile equipment
* Helping meet or exceed production and quality goals while optimizing equipment to reduce waste
* Assisting in the development and implementation of reliability centered maintenance strategies
* Application of simple problem-solving methods such as 5Y to reduce and eliminate failures
What You Will Need:
* At least two (2) years of mechanical maintenance experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment
* Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulic and pneumatics systems
* Experience troubleshooting issues and making repairs on motors (diesel & gasoline), gearboxes, bearings, chains, sprockets, conveyors, etc.
* Experience with reading and understanding mechanical drawings
* Experience with precision alignment of motors, couplings, bearings and pumps
* Willing and able to work in a sometimes hot, cold dusty and noisy industrial environment
* Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations including wearing PPE (protective personal equipment)
* Willing and able to work weekends, holidays, and overtime when needed
* Willing and able to provide personal standard hand tools
What Will Put You Ahead?
* Associates degree or two (2) years of study from a technical college in the fields of Industrial Maintenance or Industrial Technology
* Experience working with heavy equipment such as forklifts, front end loaders, backhoes, etc.
* Five (5) or more years of mechanical millwright experience in an industrial environment
* Experience using a Computerized Maintenance Manufacturing System (CMMS)
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Koch Industries, Inc.SweetwaterTX
VIEW JOBS2/19/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-05-20T00:00The mechanic is responsible for keeping machines, mechanical equipment inrepair by completing the following duties:
Essential Duties andResponsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* InspectingEquipment, Structures, or Material - Inspecting equipment, structures, ormaterials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
* ControllingMachines and Processes - Using either control mechanisms or direct physicalactivity to operate machines or processes (not including computers or vehicles).
* OperatingVehicles, Mechanized Devices, or Equipment - Running, maneuvering, navigating,or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts, passengervehicles and commercial vehicles.
* Restoreequipment to normal operation in order to minimize downtime.
* Performpreventative maintenance on assigned fleet.
* Travelto customer location, as needed, to perform maintenance and repair companyassets.
* Performother duties as assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform eachessential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representativeof the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations maybe made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentialfunctions.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
* CurrentClass A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with Hazmat and Airbrake Endorsement;or ability to attain a Class A CDL with specified endorsements within 120 daysof employment.
* Strong mechanical aptitude, with ability to use the toolsrelated to the role
* Customer service skills - communication skills, stronginterpersonal and problem solving skills.
* Organized with strong troubleshooting and problem solvingskills.
* Process oriented and highly motivated with a positiveattitude
* Basic math skills required to successfully accomplish thejob.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry outdetailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
* Works well in team environment.
* Listens and gets clarification and responds well toquestions.
* Able to read and interpret written information.
Thework environment characteristics described here are representative of those anemployee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilitiesto perform the essential functions.
* Regularly exposed to high, precarious places; movingmechanical parts; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock andexplosives.
* Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic orcaustic chemicals and risk of radiation.
* The noise level in the wellsite environment is usually veryloud.
ThThe physical demands described here are representative ofthose that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essentialfunctions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Regularly required to talk or hear.
* Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger,handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
* Frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel,crouch, or crawl.
* Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Occasionally required to assist in lifting and/or moving of150 pounds or more.
* Able to attain a DOT Medical card and complete a PhysicalCapacity Test.
* Manual dexterity necessary to complete assigned tasks, withinthe scope of the Operator role.
* Climbing up and down ladders.
* Often required to work on slippery uneven surfaces.
9 Energy ServiceSweetwaterTX
VIEW JOBS3/10/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-06-08T00:00Overview
At Acosta, we work with major consumer brands (CPG). Our Retail Coverage Merchandisers represent our customer and clients in retail locations where you shop. We execute product placement through modular integrity, stocking, building displays, selling and completing surveys and audits. We are a company of exceptional people who take pride in the clients and customers we represent, and no day is ever the same!
Are you a self-starter with strong attention to detail? Do you work well in independent situations? Candidates with previous retail or sales experience, outgoing personality and the ability to build relationships have success with Acosta!
Along with competitive pay, Acosta offers a comprehensive benefits program, paid time off, and 401(k) match for both full and part-time employees!
We are seeking self-motivated individuals who can create solutions and can:
* Work with technology collecting and reporting data from store visits with a company furnished tablet.
* Maintain full distribution and display of products in assigned accounts.
* Clean, stock, rotate and price merchandise, as appropriate.
* Perform audits such as checking date codes and ensuring adherence to approved modular integrity.
* Ability to follow store policies and procedures while being an expert for the clients you represent.
* Consult with management in a timely manner, meet objectives and goals as assigned, and report store level observations related to client product and Customer needs.
* Be the advocate for the client through sales opportunities and shelf work through building relationships through stores.
* Receive mailings including Client signage, coupons, etc. to be transported and distributed in your territory.
* Assess and prioritize work-loads based on store assignment and client needs.
* Represent Acosta in a professional manner and follow company dress code policy.
* Assist supervisors on retail initiatives as assigned.
* Other duties as assigned by your manager.
* Retail or Sales Experience preferred
* High School Diploma/GED
* Experience utilizing technology (i.e. Smart Phones and handheld devices)
* Comfortable with technology, ability to interpret instructions to build displays
* Ability to access the internet, operate a computer, and be familiar with Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word and Excel
* Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds, stand and walk for long periods of time, and lift and bend to low/high levels in order to reach product.
* Must have a valid driver's license; and have reliable transportation with the ability to drive a car for an extended period of time.
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to clearly communicate verbally and written with others, read, comprehend, and execute documented instructions.
* Must be willing and able to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections of retail stores).
* Must be flexible and willing to participate in ongoing trainings to accommodate the changing needs of the business to ensure your success.
* Must work independently within a team environment, use time efficiently, and demonstrate initiative to accomplish assigned tasks.
* Ability to travel overnight occasionally.
* Must follow Company policies.
* Maintain confidentiality of client and Company information.
Acosta Sales & Marketing is an Equal Opportunity Employer
By submitting your application you agree with and accept the Acosta Privacy Statement and Terms of Conditions.
Job ID 2019-158387
Work City Sweetwater
Position Type Regular Part-Time
Work Zip 79556
Starting average hours per week < 20
Category Field Jobs