Maintenance Mechanic/ Machine Set Up- Third Shift
Piping Rock Health Products
Aurora , OH 44202
Posted 3 weeks ago
Be at the forefront of the future of health and wellness, with the ability to work in a fast paced, family owned entrepreneurial environment where the work is meaningful, associates are valued, and you can grow your long-term career. Joining Piping Rock means being part of a fast-growing team where you can take ownership of your work and be a decision maker, where you are encouraged to work smarter, not harder, with the tools necessary to be successful. Join our team!
Under the direction of the Manager/ Supervisor/ Lead, the Mechanic is responsible for preventative maintenance, repair and instillation of high-volume automated processing equipment and facility systems. The role of Equipment maintenance/ Set Up Mechanic will work closely with other departments such as, packaging and inspection to ensure that all SOPs, cGMPs and safe operations are followed at all times.
Roles & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs packaging line change over and packaging equipment set up, start up, trouble shooting, including vision system adjustments.
- Read, understand, and follow job order specifications, engineering drawings, and/or work orders
- Inspect equipment to maintain functional equipment and perform preventative maintenance as required, following and executing the preventative maintenance schedule.
- Installation of new machinery for start up
- Make any necessary mechanical adjustments to machines in production
- Installation & Commissioning of new Packaging lines as well as do modifications of the existing lines as needed.
- Repair of packaging equipment. This includes problem identification, referencing technical documentation, assessment of material requirements, requisition placement, and actual repair.
- Responsible for appropriate documentation and record keeping
- Provide guidance to machine operator staff
- Responsible for the use and replacement of change parts
- Provide clear descriptions of equipment issues to team members in a training manner to eliminate future occurrences.
- Complies with company policy, SOP, cGMP and OSHA requirements
- Reviews and follows safety procedures for all equipment.
- Maintains workplace organization and cleanliness practices
To qualify for this position, your background must include:
- High school diploma or G.E.D with at least three years of work experience in repairing manufacturing or packaging equipment
- Knowledge of electrical and pneumatic repairs
- PLC Knowledge a plus
- Ability to read blueprints
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work order to perform required maintenance and service
- Physically be able to bend, stoop and squat, stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50lbs.
- Flexibility for overtime when needed
- Must be able to read/write English
- Must be familiar with Lock Out Tag Out procedures
- Ability to work autonomously and use resources available to complete tasks timely
Piping Rock proudly offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision plans to all full-time associates. In addition, voluntary life insurance, flexible spending plans, and short-term disability plans may be optionally added. All full-time associates also receive group term life insurance and long term disability coverage. Associates are eligible to participate in a 401(k) savings plan with a generous company match.
Based in Ronkonkoma, N.Y., Piping Rock Health Products, LLC is a vertically integrated manufacturer, distributor and on-line retailer of high-quality vitamins, nutritional supplements, essential oils and related health care products. Backed by three generations and over 40 years of experience in the natural products industry, Piping Rock is a true industry pioneer.