VIEW JOBS5/16/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-08-14T00:00Job Summary
The Laborer operates loader, forklifts, bobcat and yard tractor pumps. Climbs silos and tanks, climbs tankers, shovels material, completes daily sanitation, lifts equipment and rolls barrels when needed. Loads and unloads raw materials and finished products. Must be legible and accurate on all documentation.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
* Unload raw material. Washes trailers and tankers.
* Climbs silos, tank farm, railcars. Loads finished products.
* Documents all movement and completes accurately.
* Shovels, sweeps and washes plant. Completes needed daily sanitation work.
* Uses wrenches when needed to service and inspect.
* Completes lab testing when needed.
* Follows all Company safety procedures, GMP and guidelines.
* All other duties as assigned by management.
* Must be timely.
* Must be willing and able to frequently stand, walk, bend, crawl as well as push/pull items while working in a fast-paced environment of varying temperatures and with possible slippery surfaces
* High school diploma or GED preferred.
* Experience with truck hydraulics and yard jockey a plus.
* Communicates clearly in verbal and written form.
* Highly organized; superior time management skills. Follows direction
* Ability to maintain composure in difficult situations; adaptable to changing situations.
* Ability to pass pre-employment physical and drug screen.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers.
* Able to climb high and tolerate heights.
* Constantly required to walk, stand, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crawl, and crouch.
* Occasionally push, pull, up to 100 lbs. with both arms
* Occasionally lift up to 80 lbs. with both arms.
* Frequently lift, push, pull, or carry up to 50 lbs.
* Regularly required reach with hands and arms.
* Continually entering and exiting cab of tractor, front end loader, bobcat and forklift.
Job functions will be carried out at a plant location.
Darling Ingredients Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without proper regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or, protected veteran status. EEO is the Law: If you would like more information, please click on the link or paste into your browser:
Darling Ingredients, Inc.Blue IslandIL
VIEW JOBS6/12/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-09-10T00:00Job Description
As a part of our continued growth we are looking for a dedicated and passionate Parts Puller to work in our salvage yard. We are seeking candidates who are extremely motivated and have basic mechanical abilities and automotive knowledge. The Parts Puller is responsible for accurately locating, identifying, and safely pulling parts. The Parts Puller will also be responsible for making sure the parts meet the quality standard that is indicated by supervision. If you like growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy a career with us!
Essential Job Duties
* Safely maneuvering around the yard or warehouse.
* Finding/Retrieving parts.
* Packaging parts for delivery / or prepping
* Any paperwork involved with the parts.
* Pull work orders.
* Operate a Tow motor or Order Picker
* Pull and prep all sheet metal and other orders.
* Tag all parts properly for destination.
* Communicate with Sales and Dispatch.
* Must display a positive and friendly attitude as well as appropriate behavior during work hours
* Cleanliness must be maintained in the work area.
LKQ Corporation (NYSE: LKQ), an S&P 500 and Fortune 500 company, is a leading global value-added distributor of vehicle repair parts and accessories. The Company is the leading North American provider of recycled automotive and aftermarket collision parts as well as specialty accessories for automobiles, trucks, recreational and performance vehicles.
LKQ Europe, with operations located in 15 countries, collectively is the largest distributor of automotive aftermarket mechanical repair parts and related products in Europe, holding leading market positions in the United Kingdom, Italy, The Netherlands, The Czech Republic and Slovakia. Globally, the Company has more than 1,100 operating locations and 40,000 employees.
LKQ has an entrepreneurial, growth orientated culture and since 2005 consolidated revenue has grown at a compound annual rate of 28%. Come join the family and be LKQ Proud!
* Competitive Pay 401k Plan with generous employer match
* Insurance Plans for (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability)
* Paid Holiday leave days and a Paid Time Off Program
* Tuition Reimbursement
* A top-notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career Job Requirements
* Lift up to 75 lbs. without assistance
* Experience with order picker preferred
* Self-motivated and dependable
* Basic computer skills.
* Identify the correct pick location and sequence in accordance with the order
* Work a safe and efficient manner
* Ability to stand for 8 - 10 hours shifts
* Ability to interact with co-workers to develop a team environment
* Pick the right item and quantity
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, as well as an office environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud. Should not have any lifting restrictions and must not be afraid of heights. Should be able to tolerate high and low temperature levels and occasional inclement driving conditions.
LKQ CorpBlue IslandIL
VIEW JOBS4/29/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-07-28T00:00Hallcon Corporation
June 7, 2019
Blue Island, IL
Blue Island, IL, 60638, US
Yard Driver –
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Serves customer by transporting crews safely and on time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Maintains customer relations by transporting crews safely and efficiently.
* Determines condition of equipment by inspecting vehicle prior to each shift including checking fluid levels and tire pressure. Accurately complete van inspection forms, documenting any physical damage, mechanical or vehicle concerns.
* Ensures operation of vehicle by completing preventative maintenance as required
* Report any needed repairs or safety concerns to supervisor or manager
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
* All other duties as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to meet each essential duty and responsibility to a satisfactorily level. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires an individual to be able to change a tire and lift up to 70 lbs. consistently.
* Valid Driver's License with no more than 2 moving violations within the last 3 years, no driving-related alcohol or drug-related convictions within the last 3 years, no careless/reckless driving conviction with the last 3 years.
* Clean Controlled Substance Screen
* Must be at least 21 years of age
* Have a clear understanding of the English language
* Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
This position requires an individual to have a valid driver license with less than 3 moving violations, and no drug or alcohol related convictions, and no reckless/careless driving within the past 3 years, and general educational experience.