Maintenance Manager - Zinc Plant
Greeneville , TN 37743
Posted 9 months ago
Position Title: Maintenance Manager
Reports to: Sr. Director, Engineering & Technical Services
Location: Greeneville, TN
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for the 24/7 maintenance function through staff, processes, and activities for maintaining all plant equipment, tooling, buildings, and grounds to ensure safe, continual and efficient operation. Oversees maintenance goal setting, activity scheduling, work performance, and performance management to ensure measurable goals, proper workload distribution, goal satisfaction, and effective staff performance management.
- 60% Coordinate and champion the Total Productive and Reliability-Centered Maintenance (TPM/RCM) program, to implement process improvement initiatives, and to build a strong cohesive maintenance team that works in a safe manner. Anticipate, identify, and resolve problems that improve uptime and initiate solutions independently. Build a customer-focused department that supports production in an efficient and effective manner leading to attainment of both the production departments', as well as, maintenance department's goals.
- 15% Set key performance objectives for the department and then organize around them by communicating clear expectations and implementing systematic follow up to guarantee accountability and closure. Prepare detailed budgets for facility maintenance expenses and manage to the budget while identifying annual performance improvement initiatives that increase asset utilization and decrease overall cost. Provide weekly review of maintenance activities and issues.
- 10% Develop short and long term goals and utilize performance metrics for all areas of direct responsibility to maintain alignment of team performance with company goals. Ensure monthly downtime goals are established and met.
- 10% Monitor the performance of all direct reports to ensure all goals and timelines are met. Lead, teach, and coach employees in a positive manner. Answers all first step grievances filed within the maintenance department.
- 5% Lead and manage equipment "pit stops", including planning, prioritizing, data collecting, sound problem solving, and systematically reviewing each shutdown to be able to improve the next one.
Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Corporation and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
Performs those administrative activities necessary for the effective management of the department, including provision for selection and development of employees, salary administration, budget administration, employee safety, employee counseling and motivation, organization goals and objectives, and planning, organizing, integrating, and measuring the work performed within the plant.
Promotes lean, quality; team concepts.
- Bachelor of Science degree in related field and/or ten years' equivalent experience
- LEADERSHIP: Able to influence the actions and opinions of others in a desired direction; to exhibit judgment in leading others to worthwhile objectives. Able to clearly present information through the spoken word; influence or persuade others through oral presentation in positive or negative circumstances; listen well
- TEAM BUILDING: Able to work with people in such a manner as to build high morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Able to act in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues; able to use reason, even when dealing with emotional topics.
- ORGANIZATION AND PLANNING: Able to organize or schedule people to tasks; to develop realistic action plans while being sensitive to time constraints and resource availability. Substantial interpersonal skills for effective communication and interaction. Able to define realistic, specific goals and objectives; to prioritize objectives.
- PROBLEM SOLVING: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, touch or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds unassisted.
Following Vision Required: Close Vision, Distance Vision, Color Vision, Peripheral Vision, Ability to Adjust Focus
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.