VIEW JOBS1/5/2021 12:00:00 AM2021-04-05T00:00JOB SUMMARY
The Maintenance Technician position provides a wide range of facilities maintenance and custodial services for the hotel. The ideal candidate must be able to perform detailed mid-level technical maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of hotel facilities and equipment independently. Our Maintenance Technicians are required to comply with all OSHA standards and regulations as well as government mandate regulating public safety and security. Regular work attendance which includes flexibility in work schedule that may include afternoons, nights, weekends, and holidays.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Including but not limited to):
* Maintains the facility and grounds based on property objectives.
* Follows practices for the safe operation, maintenance, and repair of all facility equipment, including compliance with health, safety and OSHA programs, policies, procedures, reports.
* Responds to work orders in a timely manner, including after-hours on-call maintenance requests. Participates in the on-call rotation with the rest of the Maintenance Team.
* Assists with the inspection of public areas and guest rooms to ensure proper maintenance and standards are achieved and sustained.
* Follows Westmont Hospitality Group, city, state, federal, and EPA air conditioning and refrigeration record-keeping requirements and procedures are met as to the maintenance, service, repair, and disposal of air conditioning and refrigeration equipment and refrigerant.
* Follows health department, city, state, and federal procedures, practices and record-keeping requirements applicable to pools and spas are followed to maintain proper water chemistry and sanitation.
* Keeps storage areas, tools, and equipment secure at all times.
* Participates in HomeTowne Studios training as required.
* 3-5 years of relevant maintenance experience
* Must have excellent customer service skills, attention to detail and basic maintenance skills
* Working knowledge of pool service and maintenance required
* High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
* Must be able to lift a minimum of 75 lbs. and work 8-12 hour standing shifts
* Must be able to work weekends and be available for on-call emergencies
* Ability to embody the Westmont Hospitality Group Core Values every day
Westmont Hospitality GroupIndependenceMO
VIEW JOBS11/18/2020 12:00:00 AM2021-02-16T00:00Auto req ID: 247000BR
Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Nonexempt
Supports the FedEx Ground facility electro-mechanical maintenance effort through rudimentary operational knowledge of mechanical power transmission and/or fabrication and/or residential/commercial/industrial electrical machinery and equipment by completing preventive maintenance and repair.
* Performs assigned rudimentary preventative maintenance work according to FXG standards ensuring all instructions are followed and that each step is fully executed.
* Demonstrates ability to follow procedures directed by work orders or higher level technicians to conduct rudimentary troubleshooting preventative maintenance and repair
* Responds promptly to sort calls; diagnoses the failure; makes required repairs.
* Adheres to safety standards by promoting a safe work environment through attending safety committees, training, and verifying all safety concerns are addressed.
* May be required to work flexible schedules, including Saturdays and Sundays, and on rotating shift assignments including day-time, midnight and sunrise schedule
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or GED required; Associate's degree in electrical, electronic, mechanical, or maintenance engineering technology preferred.
* No experience required, 1 year of light industrial maintenance, such as power transmission and/or fabrication and/or residential/commercial/electrical experience preferred. Related military technical experience in electrical and/or mechanical trades will be considered equivalent to preferred light industrial experience.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
* Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
* Ability to follow detailed instructions to complete routine procedures and/or operate standard equipment.(Required)
* Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with immediate management. (Required)
* Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals.(Required)
Other Job Description Information
Local Candidates Preferred
Address: 11000 Toebben Drive
Zip Code: 41051
Domicile Location: P406
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce
Search Engine Description: General
Supply Chain & Logistics
Warehouse & Distribution
Fedex Cross BorderIndependenceKY
VIEW JOBS11/18/2020 12:00:00 AM2021-02-16T00:00JOB SUMMARY
The Maintenance Technician reports to the Property Manager under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor and performs general maintenance and repair to ensure apartment units and other property facilities are in good working order. Responsibilities include diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) units; electrical appliances, outlets, and light fixtures; plumbing, carpentry, and locks. The Maintenance Technician follows a planned preventative maintenance schedule and follows up with residents after repairs are complete. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting with preparing vacant apartment units for rental and also landscape and renovation projects. The successful candidate will embody and work to reinforce LYND's Core Values.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Receives requests for service maintenance, prioritizes work orders and handles each in the most efficient manner.
* Examines and diagnoses problems with heating, ventilation and air conditioning units for property facilities. Determines the best method to repair or replace all or part of the unit. Makes repairs and/or replacements according to standard. Performs preventative maintenance on HVAC units by replacing filters, cleaning coils, etc.
* Repairs and replaces furnished kitchen appliances such as refrigerators, stoves, washers and dryers. May contact an outside vendor to make more advanced or severe repairs or replacements.
* Performs minor to moderate-level plumbing repairs, replacements, and/or installations including repairing leaks and removing clogs in sinks and toilets.
* Performs minor electrical repairs and replacement of light fixtures and related items.
* Repairs locks and other miscellaneous items.
* May perform painting projects ranging from full interior painting of property units to minor touch up and repair of walls and woodwork.
* Responds to resident service requests and concerns in a timely manner.
* Assists the Maintenance Supervisor on special maintenance projects, i.e., preventive maintenance of building components and/or mechanicals.
* May perform "make ready" projects for the preparation of vacant units available for prospective tenants.
* Cleans carpets as assigned.
* May perform swimming pool maintenance or other facility and/or landscape projects to ensure property aesthetics meet or exceed standards.
* Adheres to safety and hazard communications programs, policies and procedures and maintains a safe work environment.
* Works irregular hours (evenings, weekends), including on-call and overtime hours, as required.
* Operates a motor vehicle to transport tools and materials between work sites.
* Attends and participates in technical training programs to maintain and enhance knowledge and skills.
* Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the business.
* Represents the Company in a professional manner at all times, on or off the property.
* Assists other staff members as needed.
* Delivers various communications to residents as needed.
* Works closely with management and maintenance staff in developing an integral team that effectively represents the quality and professionalism of the Company.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High school diploma/GED and one to three years of experience in facility maintenance and/or mechanical repair required.
* EPA Type II or Universal and/or Pool Certification (CPO) required at hire or within 90 days of assuming the position. CAMT is preferred in Florida only.
* Valid driver's license from the state of residence required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Associate's degree in a related technical or mechanical field preferred. Military training a plus.
* Understands and complies with Fair Housing laws and standards
* HVAC experience.
* Bilingual - Spanish is a plus preferred.
* Commercial maintenance experience with plumbing, electrical, and janitorial strongly preferred
* Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities.
* Thorough knowledge of heating and air conditioning unit maintenance, trouble shooting, and repair.
* General knowledge of the repair and maintenance of appliances, lighting fixtures, and plumbing.
* Knowledge and skills to operate common and specialized tools for repairs and maintenance.
* Ability to visually inspect units, grounds, and other aspects of the property to determine adherence to standards.
* Skill and ability to clearly and concisely communicate verbally and in writing with professionalism when interacting with tenants and property management.
* Knowledge and skills to organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
* Customer service and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to read, interpret and apply written instructions for repair and maintenance of equipment
* Attention to details.
* Computer/technical skills to operate mobile computing or communications devices.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often exposed to various outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with arms, hands and fingers; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell. Occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or to lift 50 pounds individually and up to 100 pounds with assistance devices (dollies, hand trucks, additional persons). The working environment is typically in an outdoor setting, with an occasional need to leave the premises for business purposes.
The Maintenance Technician may work non-traditional hours, to include evenings or weekends in order to complete work. Employer may also require employees to attend company meetings and training programs; may require additional travel requirements outside of assigned community.
Property employees are required to comply with the company uniform policy. A copy of the uniform policy is provided on the first day of company employment.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and are subject to possible modification.
Thy Lynd CorporateIndependenceMO
DISCLAIMER : The names and logos of the companies referred throughout this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.