Location: Cleveland, Ohio
The US spends $160 Billion per year on highways. Every new car model costs at least $1 Billion to develop.
Yet cars spend only 5% of their time driving. Where do these cars spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest operators in the growing multi-billion dollar US parking industry. Founded in 1981, LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces from offices all across the country. When it comes to parking, we're the experts!
Most importantly, LAZ is a PEOPLE FIRST company with a mission to "create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients". If you're looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best - contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The Maintenance staff is responsible for ensuring garages and surface lots are maintained and cleaned on a daily basis. Interface with customers, handle disputes, provide effective communication between departments, co-workers, customers and clients.
Principal Job Duties:
Ensure garages and surface lots are maintained and cleaned on a daily basis
Must be open to cleaning up bodily waste left behind in garages (ex. Vomit, urine, etc.)
Responsible for general maintenance of the garage and surface lots - sweeping, wiping down surfaces and equipment, emptying trash, picking up trash, changing light bulbs, painting etc.
Operate garage/floor sweeper and scrubber to ensure floors are clean and safe.
Assist with snow removal and management of winter upkeep (managing sidewalks and garages).
Responsible for ensuring all daily duties on maintenance checklist are completed efficiently and timely.
Greet customers using name, be responsive and timely with correspondence and problem resolution, and display a caring attitude, develop a rapport with the customer base.
Provide vehicle assistance to customers in garages and surface lots (inflate tires, jump starts, etc.)
Assist customers as needed over intercom system, in lobbies, lanes, and in the parking office.
Promote good customer relations by consistently providing premier customer satisfaction with a friendly demeanor, can-do attitude, and willingness to help at all times.
Assist with cashiering functions as needed.
Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED required.
Experience with general facility maintenance required.
Experience in customer relations.
Parking industry experience is preferred but not required.
Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
Willingness to work in the elements (rain, snow, wind, heat, etc.)
Willingness to be flexible, work multiple facility locations. Must be open to working overtime when needed.
Ability to handle challenging and at times, emotionally charged situations.
Must be able to work unsupervised.
Ability to speak, read, and comprehend the English language.
Must be able to make decisions independently and stay firm on decisions made (not easily persuaded).
Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
Excellent team building and interpersonal skills.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Hours: Full time and part time positions available
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Ability to lift, push and pull at least 30 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds
LAZ Parking participates in E-Verify.