Maintenance Associate (Full Time)
Senior Living Residences
Milford , MA 01757
Posted 6 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Cornerstone at Milford is looking for a Full Time Maintenance Associate to join our team!
At our community, priority number one is the enhancement of each residents Quality of Life. We focus on the whole person, not just the treatment of their most basic physical or cognitive needs. Our method is to individualize a plan of care for each resident, providing just the right combination of services to optimize their overall well-being, independence, personal dignity and enrichment.
The Maintenance Associate will perform light electrical, plumbing, painting, carpentry, landscaping and general maintenance, as needed. This position handles service/maintenance calls for residents and works closely with all departments in maintaining the smooth operation of the community. The Maintenance Associate will perform housekeeping, carpet cleaning and other duties in residents apartments and throughout the communitys common areas, as assigned.
- One or more years related experience in a similar work environment preferred
- Knowledge in light electrical, plumbing, carpentry and painting, as well as knowledge of housekeeping equipment such as vacuums, carpet machines and hand-held extractors
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English, both written and oral, with residents and staff; able to follow written and oral instructions
- Proven ability to take initiative, solve problems, work effectively with others, and have a willingness to contribute ideas to assist in process improvement
- Must be able to relate well with seniors, demonstrating a pleasant, tactful, compassionate and manner. Must have a desire to work with individuals with Alzheimers disease or other related dementias
- Must be dependable and reliable with the desire to provide outstanding customer service to residents and staff, maintaining a positive and professional attitude and a calm demeanor
- Must be a flexible team player with the ability to work effectively with others within a culture of teamwork across departments that promotes cooperation, enthusiasm, customer service, and an atmosphere conducive to growth
- Requires physical ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis and up to 75 pounds as needed
- Valid drivers license and a safe driving record
- Available to be on call for emergency repairs and clean-ups at all times of the day/evening/night