Providence Health And Services
Hood River , OR 97031
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Providence is calling an Maintenance Assistant (1.0 FTE, Days) to Down Manor in Hood River, OR.
We are seeking an Assistant Maintenance who will be responsible for janitorial duties such as cleaning kitchen floors equipment, sanitization of common areas, public restrooms, shared offices spaces, carpets and hard surfaces. Is responsible for basic and preventative maintenance of the facility, which may include minor remodeling and painting. Inspects and arranges for repair of fixtures, sewer systems, fire extinguishing systems, and mechanical equipment, under the direct supervision of the Maintenance Tech 3.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Gather, collate or classify information about data, people, or things to report and/or carry out a prescribed action in relation to the information.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagrammatic form; to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in or from standardized situations.
- Compute ratio and proportion, percentage, to calculate surfaces, volume, weights and measures.
- Learn and understand relatively complex principles and techniques; to make independent judgments in absence of supervisor; to acquire knowledge of topics related to primary occupation.
- Attend to the work assignment instructions or orders of supervisor.
- Manipulate hand tools such as knives, as in cuttings, and to wrap loose items.
- Match and sort items based on color; to distinguish between different colors.
- Report observations/information regarding facility/grounds repairs, cleanliness, or other maintenance issues in a timely manner to administrator.
- Respect at all times the privacy of the residents, by knocking on door prior to entering apartment.
- Assist in keeping facility and facility grounds neat and clean.
- Attend all in-services/meetings and other programs for facility specialization and standards.
- Requisition materials and supply for repairs, as needed/directed.
- Maintain good rapport by interacting in conflict or stressful situations in a manner that facilitates constructive resolution.
- Prioritize work assignments in relationship to importance, need, and ability. Complete scheduled work in a timely manner requesting/assisting with help when necessary.
- Communicate effectively and manages conflict in a positive manner.
- Respond to criticism by effecting an appropriate change in behavior.
- Perform work in a safe manner following safety rules and regulations.