TAT Technologies Ltd
Greensboro , NC 27402
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Piedmont Aviation Component Services, a subsidiary of TAT Technologies, is looking for a qualified Machinist.
4 Day Schedule- Monday- Thursday / 2nd Shift = 3:00pm- 1:30am
Details of this position is described below.
- The Machinist is expected to be familiar with OD/ID surface grinding as well as manual lathe and manual mill. Machinist must be
- Capable, or capable of learning to grind chrome and nickel under supervision and a structured training program. This person will also learn to shot peen parts.
- Requires knowledge of HAAS and Bridgeport CNC machining..
- Must become independent in cleaning processes and equipment maintenance. Must know and follow equipment safety guidelines.
- Must understand proper handling of metals and cutting/grinding machinery.
- Must be proficient in precise measurement and use of instruments such as micrometers, dial indicators, etc.
- Will be required to assist the Operations Manager in preventive maintenance of equipment in the department per company and equipment manufacturing guidelines.
- Must be familiar with or able to learn FAA requirements related to inspection and repair. In addition must be able to read and interpret OEM repair manual instructions.
- Must be willing to work in and learn lean/six sigma for continuous improvement initiatives.
- High School Diploma or GED. 2 plus years of machining experience and/or equivalent.
- Experience with both manual and CNC equipment preferred.
- Position requires ability to be willing to learn how to operate crankshaft grinders and Norton Strut grinder with CNC control. FANUC control preferred.
- Ability to interpret and follow repair instructions from OEM manuals (read, write, understand drawings, follow detailed instructions and work alone).
- Must be able to read blueprints and to use an assortment of measuring devices. Must be able to machine parts with tolerances as low as .0002.
- Basic computer skills required. Individual must have good work habits and be motivated. Employees use Quantum (which can be taught) for work orders.
- Short manual programming a plus
- Aviation experience a plus.
- A Drug-free Workplace and safety sensitive employees are randomly drug-tested. As necessary, overtime may be required at company need.
Piedmont Aviation Component Services, a subsidiary of TAT Technologies, is dedicated to providing an inclusive, fun, and unique workplace. We believe in acknowledging and appreciating the value of our team members. One way we value our team is by providing a comprehensive and expansive benefits offering to include Major Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K with company matching, STD, LTD, accidental coverages, EAP, and more. Insurance carriers vary based on location.