Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Antioch , TN 37031
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
RD Worldwide has been chosen to recruit a Machinist (CNC Milling, CNC Lathe, CNC Programmer, Wire EDM) for our client in Antioch, TN.
Our client is an International precision metal-stamping manufacturer that is a leader in the production of fineblanked parts for the automotive industry. They make all of their tools and dies in-house on three shifts. Their clients include Ford, General Motors, Chrysler, Honda, and Toyota.
- Analyzes specifications, sets up and operates conventional machine tools, fits and assembles parts to fabricate metalworking dies, cutting tools, jigs, fixtures, and gages in respect to standard metalworking and die design practices.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate works to achieve work goals.
- Responsibilities include initiating recommendations involving continuous improvements of measures to improve methods, equipment/ tooling performance, and quality of work.
- Confers with assigned machinist or tool & die lead-person responsible for their workmanship and or shift supervisor, to coordinate activities and advises any change in completion status of assigned work.
- Responsible for the accuracy and completion of all-time and work records.
- Responsible on assigned jobs in regards to proper maintenance workmanship and completion required in meeting the production schedule.
- Responsible for initiating the requisitioning of needed materials, and tooling required performing assigned jobs needed in supporting production requirements.
- Has the authority to place any product on “HOLD” if poor quality is suspected.
- Responsible for all assigned organizational and housekeeping activities required to maintain a clean, safe, organized, and efficient operating tool-room environment related to their shift.
- Develops specifications from general descriptions, and standard design practices in the generation of replacement die components.
- Verifies conformance of finished work-piece to finished specifications.
- Two-year certificate from college or technical school; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in Tool & Die machining field.
- Language skills to include the ability to read and interpret document, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, blueprints and procedure manuals.
- Reasoning skills to include the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Mathematical skills to include the ability to work with mathematical concepts, such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts, such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
ADDITIONAL TRAINING OR PREREQUISITES
- Blueprint Geometrical Dimensioning, and Tolerancing.
- Current automotive standard required classes.
- Safety training and OSHA requirements.