Saginaw , MI 48601
Posted 2 weeks ago
Orchid Orthopedic Solutions is a worldwide leader in design and manufacturing for the orthopedic and medical device markets, including joint reconstruction, spine, trauma, sports medicine, extremities and dental. The company is able to do this by compressing time to market, providing new technologies and being the best total supply-chain value. Orchid provides expertise in design and development, quality and regulatory support, implant manufacture, advanced machining, plastics technology, instrument manufacturing, implant coatings, surface treatments, and packaging services. With 14 world-class facilities located around the globe, Orchid continues to provide others an opportunity to live a better life through the products, services and the way the company conducts business. Orchid employs approximately 2,000 people in five countries – US, UK, Switzerland, China and India. Additional information on the company can be found at www.orchid-ortho.com.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Machinist, Mill sets up, operates and maintains multi-axis milling centers to mill, surface, shape, groove and profile parts. In addition to the above, will troubleshoot programs and help develop programs and fixturing with supervision of the Manufacturing Technician.The Machinist, Mill reports to the Production Supervisor, Manufacturing Operations Leadership in Orchid Bridgeport.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up machine per the setup sheet or customer print
- Perform weekly machine maintenance
- Perform first piece first article and in-process inspection of parts
- Deburr machined parts
- Remove metal chips from mills and place in proper chip bins
- Clean parts and move them to the next operation
- Perform offsets as needed
- Maintain tooling
- Perform weekly housekeeping per 6S schedule
- Assist and train others as needed
- Lead quality and compliance by utilizing One Orchid global processes and complying with all Quality Management Systems (QMS) documentation requirements and establishing/supporting plan(s) to meet/exceed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Quality that support Safety, compliance, Six Sigma Quality, On-Time Delivery (OTD) and financial objectives.
- Perform other duties as required or directed by the Department Supervisor or Lead
- Minimum 2-5 years previous milling experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to read blueprints & interpret GD&T
- Ability to use hand measuring tools (ex. micrometers, calipers, etc.)
- Familiarity with M & G codes
- Must be able to operate the machine at the level required for the area. To be certified to a certain level, all skills indicated within that level must be trained, then evaluated by an authorized evaluator and certified complete, unless otherwise noted.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
- High school diploma or equivalent
ABOUT OUR VALUES
As a member of our team, leading from our values is foundational.
- Integrity First: We Do the Right Thing
- Teamwork: We Are All Connected
- Relentless Pursuit: We Are Driven & Curious
If you are interested in applying for this position please send us your resume