Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Dawsonville , GA 30534
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Seeking an Experienced Machinist for a manufacturing plant in Dawsonville, GA. This is a 1st shift position with hours from 7am-3:45pm with some Saturdays and overtime required. Valid
Drivers License Required:
Travel may be required as they do perform field service at our customers locations. Including on site machining. Generally, most trips are just 2-5 day trips.
We are searching for an experienced Machinist to manufacture custom parts to drawings. We are looking for someone with the following skill set who enjoy a challenging work environment that is different each day:
CAPABILITIES AND SUCCESS FACTORS
- Must have experience in both Manual and CNC lathes and Mills.
- CNC work must include setup, programming (on Machine and in CAM), tool setup and operations.
- Work well with fellow employees and customers.
- Ability to follow verbal instructions and interpret blue print and quality requirements
- Read Micrometers and other measuring instruments and record readings
- Quality conscious with the ability to meet productivity goals
- Able to read mechanical drawings.
- Make math calculations, Simple but important math skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or GED is required. Technical school training is a plus.
Minimum of three years' experience in this field.
Must have experience with correctly using high precision measuring instruments (such as veneer, tooth caliper and micrometers) in lengths of a thousandth.
Ability to lift small, medium, large objects up to 50 lbs. and lift up to 15 lbs. on a regular basis. Stamina to work 40-60 hours each week, if needed. Be able to work a variety of shifts or varying schedule and / or hours as required.
The Machinist will be exposed to mostly low noise, however sometimes a moderate to high noise levels and in a production environment or on-site at a customer facility with possible extreme heat and or wet, dry, humid conditions.
We are a certified drug free workplace.
We do not allow smoking in the buildings.