VIEW JOBS4/18/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-07-17T00:00<p>Polychem OMS Systems is a leader in designing and building of specialized equipment for several different markets. We design and build condenser coilbenders and blower housing machines for HVAC manufacturers, sheet metal processing equipment for appliance manufacturers, flying cutoff saws for pipe, tube, and roll forming manufacturers, equipment to apply plastic strapping in packaging applications, and the mechanics for ultrasonic testing of train wheels, pipe, and oxygen/acetylene bottles. We are innovators of new equipment and processes which are presented to us by existing and new customers.</p><p>Machine Designers create technical drawings using AutoCAD software, Mechanical Designers sketch and draw up designs using input from the engineering and sales team. They work on preliminary designs as well as final designs. Their designs must be in line with customer specifications, as they provide the foundation for a quality product. While Machine Designers create drawings for new products, their job often involves revising the designs for existing products as well. They use customer and the field service team feedback and data to upgrade, improve or modify the existing machines. Mechanical Designers submit their drawings to upper management and the sales team for review prior to going to manufacturing. Along with the engineering team, the Mechanical Designer will provide support during the building and installation process, ensuring that the machine is being built properly and according to design specifications.</p><p><strong>Requirements</strong></p><ul> <li>Efficiently carry out design assignments including development of new designs or adaptations of existing designs and details within the budget.</li> <li>AutoCAD 2D and 3D experience.</li> <li>Working knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, power transmission, material handling, machining and welding practices.</li> <li>Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Project.</li> <li>Basic calculations.</li> <li>Ability to speak with customers both face to face and via phone on new projects or trouble shooting past projects.</li> <li>Assist in debug and testing on shop floor.</li> <li>Sales travel & field service – maximum of 20% of time.</li> <li>Minimum of 4-6 years of machine design experience and a 4 year engineering degree or 6-8 years of machine design experience.</li> </ul><p><strong>Benefits</strong></p><ul> <li><i>Full-Time, Salaried Position - Exempt – 40 hours/week</i></li> <li><i>Pay Range: $50 - $70K based on experience</i></li> <li><i>Generous employee benefit package includes health, dental, life insurance, 401k (with company match), vacation, paid holiday.</i></li> </ul>PolychemCantonOH
VIEW JOBS4/18/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-07-17T00:00The Packaging Machine Operator is responsible for setting up and operating assigned packaging machines and statistical scales to pack the optimum number of quality packages of product. A key component of PepsiCo's success, Frito-Lay has been making the very best snacks for over 80 years. Classic Lay's®, Cheetos®, and Doritos® are just a few of the products that you would help us produce in one of our manufacturing facilities. Although you will start out working for Frito-Lay, this job can open the door to career opportunities with our parent company, PepsiCo.
As a Full-Time team member, you would work between 40 and 50 hours per week and overtime may be required. We set industry standards in terms of pay and benefits. We also offer unbeatable benefits including health insurance, dental and vision, retirement savings benefits including 401(k) with company contribution, vacation days and much more.
As a Packaging Machine Operator, you can expect to be working on your feet the entirety of your shift near heavy machinery in a loud manufacturing environment. Frito-Lay manufacturing facilities are also large. While we want everyone to feel comfortable, our ability to control the temperature is limited. Indoor warehouse working conditions are impacted by seasons and the weather.
After training (a process that can last 8 to 16 weeks), here is a list of the more frequent tasks you could expect to perform:
* You will set-up and operate multiple packaging machines to ensure accurate code dates, weights, and that products are put into appropriate bags.
* You will check that products are dated and sealed with a minimum amount of wasted product and supplies.
* You will also be responsible for ensuring that products to be packed remain clean.
* You will maintain a clean and safe work area. Safety is everyone's job.
* You will perform basic preventative maintenance on packaging machines such as cleaning or switching out knives and blades, pull-belts, tape machines, or rollers, depending on the need.
* You will wear protective gear when using chemicals to clean and sanitize lines during changeovers from one product to another.
* You will inspect conveyors and scales prior to line start-ups & changeovers.
* You will troubleshoot commonplace problems and make operational adjustments.
Packaging Machine Operators work with every product that Frito-Lay produces, which means you should consider the potential allergens we work with: dairy, wheat, soy, garlic, salt, and particular oils (e.g. sunflower). You should also keep in mind that we make popular spicy snacks, like Flamin' Hot Cheetos®.
Please take a moment to ensure that you meet the minimum requirements for this position:
* You are at least 18 years of age or older
* You will be required to work on weekends, holidays as well as off shift
* You are mechanically inclined and can think that way. Having at least 1 year of machine operator experience in a high-speed manufacturing environment would be a good indicator to our hiring team.
* It's a physical job: you are able to lift 50 lbs from floor to waist (e.g. a twin-size mattress) with or without a reasonable accommodation
* You have basic math skills and can read and write in English
* You are able to stand and walk for extended periods of time with or without a reasonable accommodation
* You are able to climb, bend, reach, stoop, kneel, and stretch for extended periods with or without a reasonable accommodation
* You are able to repeatedly lift, carry, push, pull, and handle products with or without a reasonable accommodation
* You are willing and able to work at heights using ladders or lifts to access areas of the plant
People often ask what kind of characteristics will make them successful in this position. Do you think you have what it takes to perform at our level? Here is an idea of what our managers are looking for:
* Good Communicator: you will be interacting with various co-workers, from junior employees to leadership.
* Problem Solving: our business depends on us keeping packaging machines operating. You tackle commonplace mechanical issues with machinery and quickly come up with a "plan B" when needed, such as during a changeover or starting a new line.
* Efficient: you prioritize tasks while multitasking. For example, you might be changing film on one line as a second line breaks down; meanwhile, a packer is shutting off a line which will require your attention; it is at this point when a manager approaches you and asks how things are going.
* Leadership: we trust you to help make sure that everything is going smoothly. You will coach packers and processing operators by providing courteous support and feedback.
* Tech Savvy: Frito-Lay is an industry leader when it comes to smart automated technology and tracking production and inventory. Having a comfort level learning new technology will help you thrive in our performance based culture.
* High Integrity: mistakes can lead to food safety and regulatory issues which is why all Frito-Lay employees are forthcoming and transparent about mistakes.
Does this sound like you? Join nearly 55,000 other Frito-Lay associates across the country that work hard to bring you the snacks you love and submit your application today.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo (Frito Lay) is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disability/Protected Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender IdentityFrito-LayCantonOH
VIEW JOBS4/3/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-07-02T00:00Job Overview:
The Receiving Team Lead is responsible for supervising a team of associates in all functions related to the receipt and processing of merchandise entering and leaving the building as well as the upkeep of merchandise within the store and maintaining the stockroom. The associate is also responsible for fulfillment and performing other duties as necessary.
Macy's uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macy's may offer additional shifts to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool. Details on Macy's schedule options are available during the interview process.
* Be proficient in POS and MPOS systems including Search and Send, My Client and More@ Macy's tablet app
* Proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to shop and compare, whether Macy's devices or their own
* Assist customers in all aspects of total store fulfillment and have the ability to satisfy the needs of our digital and physical customers by making appropriate partnerships when necessary.
* Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the priority
* Oversee receiving team in the general shipment process
* Ensure that all receiving activities are in accordance with productivity standards timelines
* Clearly communicate all policies, procedures, and standards so that they are understood and followed by associates
* Complete operational tasks such as trash and hanger collection
* Assist the Merchandise Team in the movement of fixtures and merchandise for new product, season changes, and clearance sets
* Oversee replenishment of stock onto the sales floor
* Plan and implement the inventory process
* Plan and implement the markdown process
* Oversee customer carryout and special deliveries
* Participate in and oversee stockroom maintenance, organization, and housekeeping
* Manage the processing of damages, transfers, and return to vendor merchandise
* Maintain high customer readiness standards by delivering a clean, neat, easy to shop store environment
* Maintain department recovery standards; including fitting room go backs to standard, if applicable
* Follow shortage programs and procedures as they pertain to the receiving function
* Attend to customer service needs in a friendly and helpful manner when approached
* Be sensitive to store's needs and flex into other non-selling areas as needed
* Assign special projects as needed
* Perform other duties as necessary
* Follows shortage programs and procedures
* Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the Supervisor
* Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Minimum of one to three years experience in a supervisory position.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Able to use a calculator.
* Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
* This position involves constant moving and standing. Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours. Involves lifting at least 30 lbs. May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders. May involve reaching above eye level.
* Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
* Ability to delegate tasks to team members. Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team. Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
* Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
* Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.