ResourceMFG Search Group is currently recruiting for a Machine Shop Supervisor in the Greater Houston, TX Area. The Machine Operator Supervisor will be managing the team and responsible for the set up and operation of screw making equipment. Duties:
Supervise and coordinates activities of production employees to ensure product conforms to customer specifications.
Trains employees in work methods and procedures.
Assigns work, supervises daily activities of production personnel.
Reviews daily production of production personnel.
Set up jobs on automatic screw machines.
Reviews and resolves operational, manufacturing and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Two (2) years of applied screw making experience preferred.
VIEW JOBS12/3/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-03-03T00:00Lead Scheduler - Machine Shop
* GE Oil & Gas
* Posted 11/21/2018 2:56:44 PM
* Job Function: Manufacturing
* Business Segment: Oil & Gas Oilfield Equipment
Location(s): United States; Texas; Houston
The Production Scheduler will develop practical and innovative ways to identify and meet goals. In this role, you will be responsible for work that is less defined in scope, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning as it relates to shop scheduling and outsource planning. Utilize your understanding and experience to execute business objectives, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
In the role of Lead Scheduler - Machine Shop, you will:
Develop manufacturing / production schedule to meet customer demands, drive material requirements, and proactively set levels of output
Assure that the shop has the necessary materials to achieve job-dispatch scheduled start dates and release jobs on-time to schedule
Review shop operation capacities required to meet internal schedule and make outsource decision to either outsource or work in-house depending on utilization
Review unplanned job requirements and shop reserved operation capacities to optimize utilization between planned and unplanned work
Identify and react to schedules that do not meet Customer requirements (e.g. short cycled, unplanned, etc.)
Report operation on-time performance and coordinate root cause and corrective actions with Ops Leaders
Coordinate the efforts with the Ops Leaders to resolve bottlenecks, machine maintenance, manpower issues, tools, programs, and shop capacity that impact schedule
Work with Manufacturing Engineer to identify and correct inaccurate routings
Assure timely shipments to all customers and prepare and implement work orders and plans as required
Communicate across multiple departments to effectively coordinate operations between manufacturing production and sales
Coordinate with Ops Leaders to convert planned orders to process orders
Create weekly metric charts and focus on metrics in order to meet delivery performance targets
Coordinate with Material Planner and Ops Leaders to ensure appropriate raw material is in stock; minimize QC hold, blend off, and return material
Drive Six Sigma and Lean improvements in production scheduling
Manage daily and long range scheduling with the Cell Leader
Support commercial team in quoting and managing of parts
Manage daily and long range scheduling while maintaining productivity cost controls
Complete and maintain quarterly production charts and report out, along with the cell leader, on a weekly basis the expected billing for the quarter
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university (OR High School Diploma / GED from an accredited school or institution and a minimum 7 years of experience in manufacturing and/or graduate of GE Leadership Program and minimum 2 years of experience in production scheduling and/or Operations)
Minimum 3 years of experience in manufacturing and/or graduate of GE Leadership Program
Minimum 2 years of experience in production scheduling and/or Operations
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Ability to multi-task
Strong customer mindset
Six Sigma training
Ability to coordinate workflow through the production cell
Ability to work directly with vendors and suppliers to obtain services or products in expected time frame
Strong oral and written communication skills
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Texas; Houston
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
VIEW JOBS11/21/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-19T00:00<p>We are seeking an energetic professional to lead our team and to oversee our print shop operations.<br></p> <p>As the Print Shop Supervisor, you will be responsible for overseeing the team, which consists of CSRs, graphic design/digital press operators, and a bindery specialist, to ensure quality and timely service to our clients, by striving to maintain our core values (i.e., excellence in quality and service).</p> <p>Primary job tasks include, but are not limited to:</p> <ul> <li>Build a cohesive team and maintain an inclusive work environment</li> <li>Oversee customer requests, prioritize job tasks, and prepare a production schedule</li> <li>Oversee quoting to ensure accuracy and timeliness</li> <li>Ensure preparation of accurate work orders and effective workflow</li> <li>Step in to provide support necessary to ensure timely job completion</li> <li>Examine current operations and highlight areas of strengths and shortcomings. Work with the owner to explore ways to lever the strengths further and also to develop and implement means to overcome those challenges</li> </ul><p><strong>Requirements</strong></p><p>MUST have a minimum of 3+ years experience in the printing industry and in leading a team. </p><ul> <li>Cheerful personality and positive attitude</li> <li>Excellent communication skills – written, verbal and listening</li> <li>Excellent interpersonal & conflict management skills</li> <li>Excellent teamwork skills</li> <li>Strong multi-tasking skills</li> <li>Good analytical, problem solving and decision making skills</li> <li>Good math skills required for calculating and measuring</li> <li>Proficient knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)</li> <li>Proficient skills in Adobe Design Suite and prior experience in digital press operations</li> </ul><p><strong>Benefits</strong></p><ul> <li>Health insurance</li> <li>Paid holidays and one week vacation at year end</li> <li>401K savings plan</li> <li>Year-end performance bonus</li> </ul>Minuteman PressHoustonTX
VIEW JOBS12/5/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-03-05T00:00Container Shop Welder-Fabricator in Houston, TX
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic's collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We'll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community, and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
The Container Welder/ Fabricator repairs, paints and performs maintenance to containers and roll-off boxes.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Attention to Detail – Notices the small things that others often overlook. Makes sure that every aspect of the overall task is done correctly.
* Communication – Provides supervisors and co-workers with the information they need to maintain the equipment. Conveys information in a timely and accurate manner in written reports.
* Customer Service – Within reason, does what it take to meet expectation of internal and external customers. Acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner towards customers and coworkers.
* Dependability – Is someone supervisors and coworkers can depend on. Follows through and does what he/she says he/ she will do. Shows up for work on time and adheres to the established work schedule.
* Ethics – Adheres to the policies and rules set forth by Republic Services. Is trustworthy and honest.
* Learning Ability – Acquires knowledge and skill in mechanical, welding, cutting and fabrication concepts and techniques that are new to him/ her. Remembers and applies what he/ she has learned.
* Safety orientation – Follows and promotes Republic Services' safety rules and procedures. Recognizes hazards and anticipates danger. Does not take inappropriate risks.
* High School Diploma or G.E.D.
* Certified welder
* Advanced knowledge of mig & stick welders, plasma cutter, and airless paint Sprayers. Familiar with basic use of hand tools
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to follow directions with minimal supervisory involvement.
* Performs repairs and maintenance on front, rear and roll-off containers
* Weld steel and aluminum components using MIG and ARC welding Equipment.
* Fabricates steel components using a brake and shear.
* Cuts steel using a plasma cutter or torch.
* Fabricates steel components for hoppers, containers and compactors.
* Installs lids and wheels on containers
* Paints repaired containers
* Follows all safety policies and procedures.
* Completes required paperwork.
* Install company and safety decals in accordance with company standard
* diagram on containers and roll-off boxes.
* Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
* Refer more complex repairs to the Supervisor.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
* Minimum of 1 year welding experience
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
* Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
* Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
* Short- and long-term disability.
* Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
* Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
* Employee discount programs.
* 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Posted Date:12/3/2018 5:01:37 PM
Job Type: Non-exempt
Req #: 48167BR
Location: 48234: Houston-5757 A Oates Rd,
Job Category: Labor General/Trades
Republic Services, Inc.HoustonTX