Machine Setup Operator (Direct Hire)
Remedy Intelligent Staffing
Kirkville , NY 13082
Posted 7 days ago
Remedy is thrilled to be working with a machining company with an urgent need for a Machine Setup Operator. Check out more great details below!
Job Title: Machine Setup Operator (Direct Hire)
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent / Direct Hire
Location: East Syracuse, NY area
Shift: Multiple Shifts Available
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Bonus Incentives
- Holiday party, employee lunches, and more
Essential job duties for this role will include:
- Must be able to perform duties and have obtained the knowledge/ skill of Machinist – 1st Operation.
- Review machine layout instructions and set up machine per layout. Discuss and agree upon changes to layout with Supervisor and Engineering as appropriate. Document all changes to machine/tool layout.
- Run production; assure parts meet customer specifications by measuring parts per inspection plan. Enter SPC as required and properly respond to out of control conditions.
- Troubleshoot and resolve machining problems.
- Instruct other employees in use, care and operation of machines as appropriate.
- Perform maintenance on and repair mechanical problems on screw machines as necessary.
We’re looking for Machine Repair Specialists with the following background profile/skillset:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to use basic math and understand instructions.
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience on screw machine operation and set up.
- Ability to perform all the responsibilities of Machinist – 1st Operation.
- Ability to read and understand Blue Prints, Inspection Plans and follow instructions.
- Ability to use and interpret all precision measuring gauges including micrometers and calipers, comparators & special gauges.
- Ability to select feeds & speeds, grind and set all tools and to troubleshoot machining problems as necessary.
- Ability to use a computer to enter production & print routing cards, to use, understand & properly respond to SPC results.
If you are a knowledgeable machine setup operator professional with prior experience in machining, we strongly urge you to apply today for immediate consideration!
(Please note: we will immediately begin sending initial interview invitations to qualitied candidates via email so please be sure you're applying with your most up-to-date resume and contact info and keep an eye on your inbox/junk mail!)