Machine Operator/Machinist, Lathe
Saginaw , MI 48601
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
MACHINE OPERATOR/MACHINIST, LATHELocation:
Orchid Orthopedic Solutions is a worldwide leader in design and manufacturing for the orthopedic and medical device markets, including joint reconstruction, spine, trauma, sports medicine, extremities and dental. The company is able to do this by compressing time to market, providing new technologies and being the best total supply-chain value. Orchid provides expertise in design and development, quality and regulatory support, implant manufacture, advanced machining, plastics technology, instrument manufacturing, implant coatings, surface treatments, and packaging services. With 14 world-class facilities located around the globe, Orchid continues to provide others an opportunity to live a better life through the products, services and the way the company conducts business. Orchid employs approximately 2,000 people in six countries – US, UK, Switzerland, Ireland, China and India. Additional information on the company can be found at www.orchid-ortho.com.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Machine Operator/Machinist, Lathe Sets up, performs offsets, operates and tends lathes.The Machine Operator/Machinist, Lathe reports to the Production Supervisor, Manufacturing Operations Leadership in Orchid Bridgeport.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Select programs, collets, bushings and tooling for setups
- Perform setups as needed · Perform offsets as needed
- Perform first piece first article and in-process inspection of parts
- Manufacture parts to manufacturing prints or customer prints
- Maintain tooling
- Clean parts and move them to the next operation
- Perform weekly, monthly and quarterly maintenance on machine
- Perform bench work as needed
- Assist and train others as needed
- Perform weekly housekeeping per 5S schedule
- May be required to assist with new programs
- Perform other duties as required or directed by the Department Supervisor or Lead
- Previous lathe or similar experience for higher level lathe operators
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of machine shop theory, machinability of materials and layout techniques.
- Knowledge of GD&T; complete knowledge of G codes.
- Ability to read blue prints.
- Must be able to operate the machine at the level required for the area. To be certified to a certain level, all skills indicated within that level must be trained, then evaluated by an authorized evaluator and certified complete, unless otherwise noted.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
- High school diploma or equivalent
ABOUT OUR VALUES
As a member of our team, leading from our values is foundational.
- Integrity First: We Do the Right Thing
- Teamwork: We Are All Connected
- Relentless Pursuit: We Are Driven & Curious
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send us your