Machine Operator Thermoforming
Hemisphere Design Works
Muskegon , MI 49444
Posted 5 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
By following our instincts and our passion for the outdoor lifestyle, Hemisphere Design Works has merged with another great company and lands us one of North Americas largest lines of all-season recreational products. We specialize in making water vessels that run on HUMAN POWER!
Each product is made to deliver performance, value, and ease of use that allows our customers to take control on the water and live out their outdoor adventures.
Will you be the HUMAN POWER that FUELS the production of high-quality water vessels that exceed our customers expectations?
DIRECT HIRE STARTING POSITION PAY:
- C Operator ($16+) 1-3 years machine operator experience
- B Operator ($18+) 3-5 years thermoforming operator experience
Shift premium provided to off shifts.
Thermoforming machine operators will work under the direction of the production senior lead/supervisor to ensure that the company produces the highest quality products safely and efficiently. The thermoforming machine operator will be responsible for operating, setting up, troubleshooting, and maintaining machines throughout the shift.
- Fill out process sheets for machine settings.
- Evaluate part warp and adjust fans or machine parameters as needed.
- Visually assess sheet sag and determine if oven adjustments are necessary.
- Ensure all parts are within specifications.
- Working knowledge of lock out tag out procedures.
- Provide training to new/existing general laborers.
- Find and call up stored oven profile from control panel.
- Assess and adjust settings. Zone ovens according to sheet gage.
- Operate several different types of power tools, such as: saws, routers, and drills.
- Use a data driven system- error-proof machine, process, and trim method.
- Identify quality issues and accurately document production and quality daily.
- Mount trim fixtures and change out defective thermolaters.
- Adjust fixtures, thermolaters, cooling fans, clamps, plugs, platen limit switches, and blow pin timing/pressure.
- Replace defective water, vacuum, and air lines, and associated couplers.
- Startup and Shut down machines properly.
- Accurately identify finished product for quality of trim and form before releasing to shipping.
- All candidates who have received a written offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre employment drug screening and a pre employment background check which will determine eligibility for employment
- Collaborate with all team members respectfully while maintaining positive attitude
- Available to work overtime, including weekends
- Opportunity for growth! Our supportive teams are dedicated to professional development and offer many opportunities to expand your knowledge, allowing you to advance during your career with us
- Medical -with access to MedNow 24/7 Virtual Care- Dental, and Vision Plans Available
- 401 K with employer match
- Positive-Friendly Culture with a casual dress code