Fresno , CA 93650
Posted 5 months ago
Machine Operator- Fresno, CA
This role is responsible for managing the packaging operations of a production line, including general cleaning, documentation, quality and operating efficiency. Reports to the Production Supervisor any problems with machinery or operating efficiencies.
- Make all packaging equipment changes and adjustments in a timely manner to comply with the daily production schedule as assigned by Supervisor.
- Ensure that a smooth flow of packaged product is maintained to the stacking area via the conveyor system including TKF elevators.
- Assist in assuring the smooth and continuous operation of the accumulator, stripper, and product conveyor system.
- Inspect product and packaging for acceptable quality standards.Report all deviations from any acceptable standard to the Supervisor in charge.
- Perform minor adjustments on the long goods packaging equipment and assist the maintenance personnel when the problem is more technical in nature.
- Immediately communicate all pertinent equipment/product problems to supervision that may occur during shift operations.
- Perform all of your duties in a manner as to comply with GMPs.
- May be required to rework product in completing production schedule.
- Follow all safety procedures and participated in safety training. Maintain safe and efficient use of equipment, tools, and person. Report any injury, accident or unsafe condition immediately to Supervisor.
- Support and comply with all quality management systems, continuous improvement programs, food safety, employee safety, and preventative maintenance programs.
- Properly fill out daily paperwork accurately, including, but not limited to: Pre-Operational Checklist, Weight Sheets, Magnet Cleanout Log, Tailing Log Sheets, Quality Check Sheets, Lock Out Tag Out Log Book, etc.
- Inspect product and packaging material for acceptable quality standards. Report and record all deviations from acceptable standard to Supervisor.
- Must be assertive, self-motivated and dependable.
- Must be able to work overtime and on weekends as required.
- Clean and maintain work areas and equipment.
- Work with all teams within the plant in a friendly, professional, courteous manner to facilitate an efficient plant and positive work environment.
Skills and Abilities
Physical and/or Mental Requirements
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds and move and stack various sized objects.
- Hearing and sight within normal limits.
- Ability to perform simple trouble shooting on equipment.
- Ability to read and write and communicate in English.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Bend, reach, lift, climb.
- Standard hand tools required by the company.
- Pallet jack, two-wheeled dolly, tape dispenser, box cutter.
- Varying temperature conditions (hot and cold).
- Varying noise levels due to equipment.
- Minimal exposure to dust due to nature of our products.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred.
Prior Work Experience
- Two years previous manufacturing experience is preferred.
We are America's leading rice company and the nation's second largest provider of pasta products. Our portfolio includes over 20 trusted brands with more than 500 products widely distributed in many countries
around the world. We are Americas largest processor, marketer and distributor of branded and private label rice products. We are also the second largest producer and marketer of pasta products in the nation.
Riviana brands are well known for their quality and excellence and the company is committed to providing the most wholesome products on the market today, to leading both the rice and pasta industries in innovation, and to providing high-quality products you can be proud to serve your family.
Our global reach is an important factor in Riviana's success. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ebro Foods, S.A., the world leader of the rice sector, we take a world view of the rice and pasta business and draw upon the global resources of our parent company.
For a detailed look at our rice and pasta portfolio, click on this link - https://www.riviana.com/en-us/content/29880/OurBrands.aspx
- Health Insurance, Dental Plan, Vision Plan
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 401K Plan
Riviana Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status, sexual orientation/gender identity, citizenship where legally permitted to work, or any other protected category under federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance. This policy applies to all employment decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions and terminations.
An Equal Opportunity Employer- M/F/D/V