This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Shift: 1st (7am-3pm), 2nd (3pm-11pm), and 3rd (11pm-7am)
Pay : $11.00 - $12.00
Location: Walker, MI
Mixed Staffing is currently seeking a self-motivated, responsible individual to take on the role of a Machine Operator in Grand Rapids, MI.
- High School diploma, GED or a minimum of 1 year in a manufacturing environment.
- Plastic Extrusion experience is a plus.
- At least 2 years related experience preferred
- Previous line operation experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills and
- Good analytical skills to troubleshoot and problem solve equipment
- Be an effective team player, as well as have the ability to work independently
- A good working knowledge of basic arithmetic and the ability to calculate percentages
- Strong attention to detail a must
- Basic knowledge of computers is a plus
Experience in the following areas is preferred but not necessary:
- Experience with manufacturing tools (calculator, measuring cup, weigh scale, steel rule, tape measure, pro-scale, calipers, comparator, protractor, laser gauge, warp gauge, tape gun, stapler)
- Basic Blueprint Reading Skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- 5S/Lean Manufacturing/Kanban
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Be able to stand on your feet on hard surfaces for up to 8 hours.
Mixed Staffing is a Certified Woman-Owned, professional staffing agency that focuses on meeting our clients' needs 100% of the time. Unlike other staffing agencies, we don't just place warm bodies, we work with individuals and find the best fit for not only our clients, but our candidates as well. We focus on placing the right people with the right employers, finding today's talent and tomorrow's success.
*Mixed is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*