Machine Operator, Laser Cutting
Saginaw , MI 48601
Posted 3 weeks ago
MACHINE OPERATOR, LASER CUTTINGLocation:
Orchid Orthopedic Solutions is a worldwide leader in design and manufacturing for the orthopedic and medical device markets, including joint reconstruction, spine, trauma, sports medicine, extremities and dental. The company is able to do this by compressing time to market, providing new technologies and being the best total supply-chain value. Orchid provides expertise in design and development, quality and regulatory support, implant manufacture, advanced machining, plastics technology, instrument manufacturing, implant coatings, surface treatments, and packaging services. With 14 world-class facilities located around the globe, Orchid continues to provide others an opportunity to live a better life through the products, services and the way the company conducts business. Orchid employs approximately 2,000 people in five countries – US, UK, Switzerland, China and India. Additional information on the company can be found at www.orchid-ortho.com.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Machine Operator, Laser Cutting sets up and operates laser cutters. The Machine Operator, Laser Cutting reports to the Production Supervisor of the saw cell.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up, operate and adjust laser to manufacture parts to customer prints or specifications
- Check parts on comparator or using hand tools
- Clean lens on laser if needed
- Perform regular machine maintenance
- Check nozzle quality and centering
- Prove and edit all new programs such as setting focal points, feed rates and making offsets
- Set up, operate and adjust time saver belt sander
- Perform maintenance on belt sander
- May be required to work with Maintenance department to schedule outside machine maintenance when needed
- Assist and train others as needed
- Troubleshoot machines
- Perform weekly housekeeping per 6S schedule
- Perform other duties as required or directed by the Department Supervisor or Lead.
- Lead quality and compliance by utilizing One Orchid global processes and complying with all Quality Management Systems (QMS) documentation requirements and establishing/supporting plan(s) to meet/exceed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Quality that support Safety, Compliance, Six Sigma Quality, On-Time Delivery (OTD) and financial objectives.
- 1 – 3 years of experience running CNC equipment preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read blueprints with an understanding of GD&T
- Must be familiar with hand measuring tools (ex. micrometers, calipers, etc.)
- Must be able to operate the machine at the level required for the area. To be certified to a certain level, all skills indicated within that level must be trained, then evaluated by an authorized evaluator and certified complete, unless otherwise noted
- Ability to apply logic and reasoning to solve problems, including identifying strengths/weaknesses, locating alternative solutions and conclusions, and approaches to problems; and making high-quality, timely decisions
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
- High School Diploma or equivalent
ABOUT OUR VALUES AND LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
As a member of our team, leading from our value is foundational.
- Integrity First: We Do the Right Thing
- Teamwork: We Are All Connected
- Relentless Pursuit: We Are Driven & Curious
- Ability to lift and carry equipment up to 40 pounds
- Requires standing for extended periods of time
- Corrected vision of 20/20, preferred
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined for the position
- Manufacturing environment: may be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, dirt, dust, disinfectants, solvents, cleaning chemicals, etc.
- Must be able to work extended hours (including weekends) as necessitated by production requirements.
- Candidates offered employment must submit to a pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug test
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States through eVerify
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible responsibilities, tasks, and duties, and does not limit the assignment of additional duties for this position.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send us your resume