Machine Operator: Folder Operator (Night Shift)
Salt Lake City , UT 84119
Posted 1 month ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
KP is looking for a second shift, full time Machine Operator:Folder Operator to join the KP family in the Salt Lake Facility. The Salt Lake Facility concentrates on medical device customers where quality, processes and productivity are top requirements.
This is a full-time position with 12 hour night shifts scheduled on an alternating week basis; 3 shifts 1st week, 4 shifts second week, etc.
The Folder Operator will have the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for setting-up, maintaining, and operating any of the folding machines efficiently and as needed; observes machines to detect malfunctions throughout production run.
- Interprets job tickets accurately so jobs are completed per customers requirements.
- Completes preventative maintenance and minor repairs on machines; maintains updated maintenance records; coordinates outside vendors for maintenance when needed.
- Selects samples and/or proofs for customers review, as requested.
- Mentors and trains fellow teammates on machines and processes as needed.
- Sorts projects and prepares it for delivery per the job ticket; as needed.
- Helps develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for job related functions, processes, and/or recommend method efficiencies and process improvements.
- Follows all KP policies, procedures, and safety rules; including the use of appropriate safety equipment.
- Understands customer quality requirements and KP quality specifications.
- Models the behavior expectations of KP core values.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
The successful candidate will have:
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong color and print knowledge is a plus
- Understands the use of proofs and samples.
- Communication skills; both written and verbal
- Technical training and education
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Great problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead and work in team environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, stressful environment
- Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or one-two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and experience with computer and keyboards, folding equipment, scanners and wireless devices.