Job Description: Summary
The Machine Operator, Reagents is responsible for operating manufacturing equipment to produce clinical and commercial products in support of the BD-SurePath ", BD-SurePath Plus, and ProEx " C value streams.
1.Utilize a variety of equipment and processes to generate finished goods for BD-SurePath ", BD-SurePath Plu, and ProEx " C as required to satisfy all customer, internal, clinical, and other demand.
2.Ensure finished product is manufactured in accordance with procedures and Quality specifications. Inspect in-process parts to ensure consistent quality and remove defective product, packaging, and component material.
3.Responsible for ensuring timely and accurate documentation of all manufacturing activities, including but not limited to device history records and inventory counts.
4.Perform simple mathematical calculations required to assist in completion of batch record.
5.Monitor production lines, anticipating and reacting to problems. Notify supervision of deviations from normal operating conditions.
6.Complete scheduled production runs in an efficient, timely manner to meet production schedules or maintain Kanbans.
7.Utilize Kaizen Action Sheets on a regular basis to suggest and implement improvements to existing processes.
8.Participate in Continuous Improvement projects or events as requested.
9.Assist with inventory counting activities as required.
10. Participate in safety audits as required and actively engage in daily safety discussions/observations.
11. Perform routine cleaning of processing equipment.
12. Abide by all personal protective equipment and product contamination control (i.e. gowning) requirements.
13. Handle hazardous waste as appropriate.
14. Assist with validation activities for new or modified processes and products.
15. Assist with routine maintenance activities as necessary " this includes participation in Preventive Maintenance work and manufacturing line recovery
16. Ensure all work instructions accurately reflect current processes; notify area lead in any instance where approved work instructions are inconsistent or inaccurate.
17. Independently operate (or lead the operation of) all distinct manufacturing lines on a regular basis.
18. Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities on a regular basis to drive continuous improvement of Reagent processes/products.
19. Assist with root-cause analysis activities for process, product, or inventory exceptions.
Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature where ability to recognize and assist in recovery from deviation from specification is required.
Performs routine work with virtually no supervisory input and new assignments with detailed
Primary Work LocationUSA NC - Burlington (Tripath Imaging)
Work Shift1st Shift 7am-530pm Mon-Thu (United States of America)
BD (Becton, Dickinson And Company)