FLEXOGRAPHIC PRESS OPERATOR This position is responsible for creating printed casings using a flexographic printing press.
- Mounts rubber or photopolymer printing plates, plate cylinders, ink pans and sets up webbing
according to work order specifications.
- Prepares inks by mixing correct ink formula and adding cross linker, ethyl acetate or PM acetate
according to specifications for printing.
- Monitors ink impressions on substrates for defects such as halos or pinholes caused by roller
pressure or ink volume that the incumbent must adjust.
- Prepares samples for approval prior to printing customer orders.
- Produces orders by operating machine at specified speed and machine settings.
- Cleans presses between orders according to established procedures.
- Performs basic press maintenance such as belt, gear, and bearing replacement by assessment
and maintenance schedules.
- Matches colors for new jobs by identifying close pantone color; adjusting tints as necessary to
achieve customer requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of pigment relations and ability to match colors to effectively desired tints.
- Basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, and reading skills.
- Vision enabling incumbent to distinguish in-specification prints from out-of-specification prints,
both on samples and while press is operated at specified speeds.
- The ability to clearly distinguish color hues is also required.
- Ability to distinguish and match color tints accurately.
- Ability to learn and perform basic machine maintenance and repair.Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Stand for long periods of time, bending, stooping and reaching.
- Ability to work with chemical fumes wearing personal protective equipment.
- Competitive Wages
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Coverage
- 401K with Employer Contribution