Hand scraping of ways, plain bearings and flat surfaces for alignment.
Precision assembly of bearing sets with proper preload settings.
Knowledge oftypical preloading for bearings.
Knowledge of different bearing types, angular contact, taper, thrust etc.
Capable to check and correct machine alignments via scraping or grinding.
Knowledge of both Metric and SAE sizes for bolts, pipes, fittings, tolerances etc.
Ability to read detailed mechanical drawings and assembly drawings in both ISO and European formats.
Knowledge of hydraulic, lubrication, pneumatic and coolant system pumps, valves, pressure controls, concepts, designs, startup and diagnosis, ability to read prints for these systems in ISO and European formats.
Good pipe bending and hose making skills.
Precision assembly of ballscrews and thrust bearing sets.
Understanding of tolerance standards.
Ability to work with micrometers, calipers, layout tools, gauges, and other precision equipment.
Knowledge of different thread types for bolts and fluid fittings i.e. Ermito, Flare, British Standard, Metric, SAE, Pipe etc.
Capable to consistently work in the .001mm or .00005 accuracy ranges.
Must own all their own tools, and have all tools required for this type of position.
Ability to work with sheet metal structures like guarding for installation and fitting.
Proven skills in shaft to shaft alignment techniques.
Skills in checking and setting lash on way keepers, worms, gear sets etc.
Knowledge of seals, sealing techniques and best practices.
Fine assembly skills.
CONTROLS ENGINEER SKILLS:
Knowledge of CNC and PLC controls from Fanuc, Siemens, NUM, Allen Bradley etc.
Knowledge of feedback devices like glass scales, encoders, resolvers etc,
Knowledge in the setup and tuning of servo systems using oscilloscope technology and frequency analysis.
Intimate and experienced with all IEC61131 PLC programming languages.
Fluent in C, C++ and Visual Basic languages.
Experience in development of advanced HMI interfaces for machine tools.
Experience with RS-274 part programing language.
Experience in Macro Programming language
Startup and debug skills for complete CNC integrations including drive setup, PLC testing, HMI testing, complete system testing, machine runoffs etc.
Strong electrical background or engineering degree in electronics and high power electrical systems.
An individual that fits into this category has a wide array of skills which includes a smattering fromboth the mechanical assembler position to the controls engineering position listed above.
Travel is usually required as road service is the primary duty of this person
Machine startup and testing skills are mandatory as al l mechanical, fluids, electrical and softwaresystems on the machine must be fully tested and debuged to make the machine ready for a runoff oreventual sale.
VIEW JOBS11/30/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-28T00:00RIVERSIDE DR LOCATION Performs preventive and corrective maintenance, trouble shooting and repairs to ensure proper operation of building facilities and plant equipment. Requires the ability to read and comprehend blueprints as well as being proficient in the use of a computer. Participating in taking snow calls and helping with special events is required. This position is required to work flexible hours, alternating shifts, including weekend work, and other duties as assigned. Requires knowledge of both general maintenance and plant operations in order to perform the essential duties and responsibilities outlined below. Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. License/Certification: Maintain a valid driver#s license; Have and maintain driving record per Mercy#s HR-01 Fleet Safety policy; M.E.C.H. certification or 5 years of Mercy FMES experience or 10 years of documented commercial/industrial maintenance experience.
This position will ensure regulatory compliance in the hospital and clinicMercy Health SystemRockfordIL
VIEW JOBS11/29/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-27T00:00The Maintenance Mechanic is an experienced mechanic capable of safely and independently repairing most of the equipment in the RDC. The focus of the maintenance team is to keep equipment in the RDC fully operational when needed. The Mechanic I is able to prioritize tasks, plan their work, determine the type of repair needed, obtain or order the appropriate spare parts, and execute the repair. This person is capable of mentoring a Maintenance Utility, but also seeks assistance from a Mechanic II or the Maintenance Coach when needed. A successful performer can be promoted to Mechanic II.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
* Maintain appropriate certification as required by state and local regulations
* Determine safety precautions and requirements for task
* Prepare worksite; Perform lock-out/tag-out
* Gather tools and spare parts for task
* Use tools safely; check condition of tools prior to using; use appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
* Evaluate condition of equipment; determine spare parts needed and repair effort required; recognize potential for breakdown in near future and take pre-emptive action
* Plan work and execute task
* Mentor Maintenance Utility; use as assistant if appropriate
* Seek assistance from a more experienced mechanic if needed
* Leave worksite in good condition
* Turn in unused spare parts
* Document condition of equipment as found, work performed, spare parts used, and any other applicable information
* Enter data into 7I system (computerized maintenance management system); close out work orders and Preventative Maintenance (PM) requests
* Inform next shift of remaining work
* Provide status of incomplete tasks bridging the two shifts
* Demonstrate positive and effective communications with maintenance customers
* Attend and participate in training as scheduled; learn about the systems and repair methods in the following areas, and become proficient in these areas:
o Conveyor systems, controls , and subsystems
o Industrial Electrical Systems (Note: Some states have specific regulations concerning this type of work, and those regulations will supersede the training noted here)
o Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning (HVAC)
o Fire Suppression systems
o Welding and Fabrication
o Plumbing and Carpentry (Physical plant-type construction and repairs)
o Fork Lift and Material Handling systems, including subsystems and components of the equipment
o Preventive maintenance technologies
* Perform additional tasks as assigned by Maintenance Coach
* Provide additional training to Maintenance Utility as required
* Assist with changing batteries in equipment
* Possess a valid state drivers license
* Demonstrated adherence to safety requirements
* Highly motivated for the team's success; demonstrated success as a contributing member to a team; works well with others
* Individually motivated to succeed
* Able to work independently and make sound decisions; prioritizes tasks
* Able to read blueprints , schematics, and other technical drawings
* Can follow instructions and pays attention to detail
* Willing to learn new skills, takes instructions from others, and can use the skills learned in new situations
* Able to work in a fast-changing environment; adapts easily to new situations
* Communicates well; clearly explains a problem
* Creative problem solving; can analyze a problem, troubleshoot, and come to a resolution quickly
* Combination of experience and/or technical training in electrical/electronic theory ranging up to 600 volts systems (or willingness to obtain appropriate training within 1 year of employment)
* If required by local regulations, certified to perform work at the Maintenance Mechanic level (such as electrical work in the state of Oregon)
* High school diploma or GED equivalent with at least 2 years related maintenance experience
* Comfortable working at tall heights
* Able to operate various maintenance and operations vehicles and equipment
* Able to see objects and discriminate color
* Welding and fabrication skills/certifications
* Electrical work certification or high voltage work certification
* Technical school graduate preferred
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Lowe's Companies, Inc.RockfordIL
VIEW JOBS11/28/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-26T00:00Position Description
Join our Growing Team!
Opportunities for Advancement!
#1 Diesel Technician Training Program!
Please call Brandi @ 904.541.8572 for more information
We are currently hiring a Diesel Mechanic in Rockford, IL!
Are you looking for an excellent place to work that offers great pay, benefits and incentives?
Do you want to work on new trucks using state of the art tools?
Do you want a rewarding career with one of the largest transportation companies in the country?
If you answered "Yes" to these questions, you've got to check out Ryder!
At Ryder, we offer outstanding incentives:
* Generous Paid Time Off!
* Excellent Benefits!
* Tuition Reimbursement!
* PPE & Uniforms provided at no cost!
* Free Job training and development!
* Career advancement strategies that will help you secure your future!
For 85 years, Ryder has provided customers around the world with integrated transportation, logistics, and supply chain management solutions that enhance the way they do business. Building and maintaining a fleet takes time, resources, and expertise few companies can spare.
We are a fortune 500 company with 800+ locations and 36,000 employees across the US! Employee satisfaction is part of our culture.
Apply today and see why a job with Ryder is what you've been looking for. Call us or go online to apply for one of our awesome opportunities.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Post-secondary vocational education strongly preferred
* Must have minimum tool requirement
* Must have a valid driver's license
* Valid CDL (license A) is highly desired; mandatory in some locations
* Must possess state license as required
* This position requires for you to drive Ryder vehicles. In order to become a Ryder employee you must:
* Must be able to obtain CDL within 6 months after hire
* Pass a Ryder Drug Test
* Pass a DOT physical
* Pass a Ryder road test
* Pass a Ryder Background and Motor vehicle check including drug and alcohol verification from previous employers for the last 3 years
Important Note: Additional requirements may be required in different locations and/or accounts.
* Performs vehicle maintenance and repair duties
* Performs standard vehicle maintenance
* Performs standard component inspections and repairs
* Performs preventive maintenance
* Diagnoses standard mechanical and electronic problems, utilizing diagnostic computer when applicable
* Identifies root cause of basic failures/conditions and perform repairs as required
* Replaces defective components as instructed
* Performs facility maintenance duties
* Interacts with customers/drivers to properly determine nature of complaint once assigned a task
* Utilizes key functions of Shop Management System and electronic documentation available
* Works in accordance with all federal/ provincial and corporate compliance guidelines (i.e., safety, DOT, MOT)
* Performs other support duties as required to support operations. These could include but are not limited to Service Island support
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.